The 69 News/WFMZ Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia News' started by Mrknowitall526, Sep 7, 2014.

1. G2000

G2000 Assignment Editor

Just watched the 40 years special. An hour and a half of everything you wanted to know or didn't need to know about WFMZ. (Commercial free) I think they could have cut a half hour of it. Was interesting though in places. Never realized that the station was launched after NBC and ABC affiliates failed.

2. Mrknowitall526

Mrknowitall526 Primary Anchor

It's on my DVR but I didn't watch it yet! I'll save it for some night this week when there's nothing to watch.

3. SF1964

SF1964 AM Anchor

It's re-airing at 6:30PM on Sunday, Jan 8.

4. LVForward

LVForward Health Reporter

It is a great special. Full of memories of anchors and reporters past. It is truly amazing where some of the alum's have graduated to after leaving East Rock Road. CONGRATS WFMZ!!

Spectrum27 likes this.
  5. Kwi

Kwi Newsroom Intern

Watching wfmz sunrise now. I must say that I like their reporters and anchors for the most part. Matt Broderick is the only weather person I can watch. And There's a fine line between robotic and professional; Steve Mittman has no personality and the red light green light segment is ridiculous.Dick Dean and the other guy can go on and on with their views on politics, and we're asked if we like quiche!