The 69 News/WFMZ Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia News' started by Mrknowitall526, Sep 7, 2014.

1. LVForward

LVForward AM Anchor

#221 LVForward, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  2. LVForward

LVForward AM Anchor

So much for that. Another of the good ones leaves us again. The hopes of a Will/Chandi anchor team were not meant to be. At least she gets to go home and start a family - guess we can't complain too much. BEST WISHES Chandi!!! We will miss you.

3. G2000

G2000 Assignment Editor

Chandi was way too good for WFMZ. Her delivery and professionalism was flawless. I figured a bigger market would notice and grab her. Will miss her.

4. Mrknowitall526

Mrknowitall526 Managing Editor

They need to pay the good ones more! I still miss Meghan Packer and Hillary Lane. I'm actually surprised that Jamie Stover is still around, she is really good and has gotten better I think in the past year than she ever was.

5. LVForward

LVForward AM Anchor

Napoli Management announced the following:

Amanda VanAllen moves to WEWS in Cleveland as a reporter. She leaves WFMZ in Allentown.

Catherine Hawley makes the jump to market 11 as a general assignment reporter for WTVT in Tampa. Previously, she was a general assignment reporter at WMAR in Baltimore.

Meanwhile, a final farewell message from another great WFMZ alum - Chandi Lowry posted the following:

Thanks for the kind words about my future in Pittsburgh! Keep in touch! Look for me on social media as Chandi Chapman very soon. @69News

Great to see our WFMZ team succeed!!
    As always, hate to see them leave us.

#225 LVForward, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  6. SF1964

SF1964 AM Anchor

Well with all the recent departures at WFMZ, we should also be mentioning a new addition, sort of. Congratulations to morning anchor Eve Russo and her husband, Nolan, on the birth of their daughter, Maeve Tanner Russo, earlier this week. Eve posted pictures on her Facebook page along with the announcement.