1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Registration and sign in using a Twitter, Facebook, or Google account is temporarily unavailable. Please see this post for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Tamron Hall Signs Deal with Disney/ABC

Discussion in 'Network News' started by mountainave, Aug 8, 2018.

1. mountainave

mountainave Managing Editor

2. televisionguy16

televisionguy16 Managing Editor

I think she'll end up succeeding. She got higher ratings on NBC than Megyn Kelly is getting now. She didn't deserve how she was treated by them.

3. newsbot

newsbot Primary Anchor

Not sure where the demand is for another syndie daytime talk show. Same thing with Kelly Clarkson.

MorningNews and Georgie56 like this.
  4. B2r4a6n

B2r4a6n Primary Anchor

The difference is that NBC's 9am hour is national, not syndicated. Syndication is a lot harder, especially in 2018.

As for what time it would be on in most markets, I would guess in the afternoon replacing the "Who wants to be a Millionaire" / "Right this Minute" block leading out of "GMA Day."

5. LOCAL10FAN

LOCAL10FAN Newsroom Intern

I will not be surprise if ABC Disney will cancel Live with Kelly and Ryan and replace it with Tamron Hall in the 9AM or 10 AM time slots to compete against Megyn Kelly.

Now you have GMA Day which will be similar and better than Live. Live ratings are down and ABC could not add GMA at 9AM due to syndication contracts with affiliates. ABC Disney is trying to get rid of Kelly Ripa. So everything that ABC Disney is doing makes sense.

topming1000 likes this.
  6. MorningNews

MorningNews News Director

Are LIVE’s ratings down? I don’t think ABC would (or have the rights to) cancel the program but Ripa definitely needs to be reined in. Her described behavior is absolutely ridiculous considering a few years ago with Regis she could have been replaced by just about anyone and the show would have went on just fine.

7. TVNewsLover

TVNewsLover AM Anchor

Where have either of you read LIVE’s ratings are down? And where has it been reported ABC wants to get rid of Ripa? What behavior do you speak of with Regis? The only time she’s been upset was with the Michael fiasco, and let’s face it, ABC didn’t exactly handle that situation well to begin with.

televisionguy16 likes this.
  8. 24994J

24994J Chief Meteorologist

Kelly felt more than burned when Regis retired, thinking that somehow she did something wrong, or that she was trying to hurt her. If any of what's portrayed in the media is true, she has a certain insecurity about her standing on the show. Take it for what it's worth. I don't, really.

9. televisionguy16

televisionguy16 Managing Editor

Exactly.

TVNewsLover likes this.
  10. MorningNews

MorningNews News Director

Where in my comment did you read me stating their ratings are down? I myself was asking if LIVE's ratings are truly down because I found that difficult to believe.

Moving along, it has been reported ad nauseam that Ripa has turned into a diva. She refused to come to work because she was upset her co-host was leaving. When has anyone in show business every carried on like that and not been considered diva-esque? She went in the media and made Regis' departure all about her as well. Sorry to disagree with you but Ripa is not nearly as enjoyable to watch as she was with Regis.

CircleSeven likes this.