Sukanya Krishnan leaving PIX11

Discussion in 'New York News' started by JoseRM303, May 3, 2017.

1. nynewslover

nynewslover Primary Anchor

#21 nynewslover, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
  2. JoseRM303

JoseRM303 News Director

I agree Scott more then likely will be reassigned and Betty will have a different co-anchor. Usually in these PR they will say who they will co-anchor with but this one doesn't which leads me to believe Scott is being moved off the anchor desk. Also they will more then likely announce that Byron Miranda will be joining as morning meteorologist.

3. brianpr3

brianpr3 News Director

i do agree that scott should be reassigned back to sports

4. nynewslover

Id like to see Anthony DiLorenzo get the the anchor spot

5. anchorman93

anchorman93 AM Anchor

Very interesting hire. It shows that PIX is actually serious about changing their image. Their release today all but spells the end for Scott.

6. nobody

nobody AM Anchor

NOT pix, not tribune - because that would've been done long ago. PRESSURE from Sinclair on Tribune more than anything, Sinclair isn't walking in 9 months from now if and when they acquire Tribune, they have been looking at the numbers and looking for solutions for awhile - hence the change of the PIX GM also, it's the pressure from Sinclair, they just earmarked 14 million shares today upon the FCC approval.

Eat News likes this.
  7. nynewslover

Not for nothing but I think it's time for Mr.G and Tamsen to go too

8. brianpr3

brianpr3 News Director

Tamsen i agree with, Mr G Hell no he is a ny institution.

9. NYNewsCoverage

NYNewsCoverage News Director

Yeah but he's getting up there in age, considering Linda Church who looks so much younger just retired. But I say let him stay until he's ready. I also hope Kaity Tong doesn't leave, cause she's definitely been appearing less and less on weekends. Also with pressure from Sinclair for younger talent, I am worried that she will be forced out.

mposeymil likes this.
  10. nobody

nobody AM Anchor

Institution? step out of the bubble - the time for these self-described icons to leave while still considered an institution was right after 9/11. since then anybody who has stayed on has faded into oblivion outside of the local news insiders. As i said before - cbs 2's Morry Alter was forgotten the day he left- and that was 12 years ago. unless you haven't noticed - tv viewership has dropped off from an average of about a 13 rating 10 years ago to now where it's a 5.6 at best but typically more like a 1.5 - .5 rating today depending on who you watch. Mr. G slurs his words - can't make out a darn thing he says, what's up with that guy? these people are now just Legends In Their Own Minds - just look at Ernie Anastos - he doesn't have the name or face recognition he had 40 years ago, he's been on a downhill slide (along with news viewership for 4 decades) these news personalities don't draw crowds like they used to. look at Dan Rather and Brian Williams for that matter- do you think viewers at home sit around and chat about these guys? You may be throwing Bill O'Reilly into that mix if he doesn't land anywhere fast, he'll never attain the following he had. these people are as memorable as Yesterdays News, if you take your head out of the NYC News Bubble you would understand that.

#30 nobody, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  11. WalterC

WalterC Newsroom Intern

PIX definitely making a statement with the hiring of Betty to replace (lets face it) the infamous Suki. By shunning an in-house promotion and going outside for a credible seasoned pro, they're obviously looking to distance themselves from the silly antics and questionable behavior of the "Suki Era". Definitely look for Scott to be put back on Sports.

Newsjunker95 likes this.
  12. nobody

nobody AM Anchor

Suki's Profile/photo is OFF THE PIX11 She said she had 6 days left, perhaps they;re not going to give her the op to say goodbye like the send-off they gave Linda church.

#32 nobody, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
  13. NYNewsCoverage

NYNewsCoverage News Director

Well this is intriguing
    I have a feeling Jill is going to step in for Marissa when she takes her maternity leave.

14. nynewslover

15. nobody

nobody AM Anchor

Where's dan mannerino's loyalty in all this? he dropped Suki like a hot Potato and was seen on Tamsens instagram snuggling up to the new boss that fired her in a post from yesterday. acting like he and GM Wayland are lifelong buddies. Not a peep from Linda Church about Sukanya either...

#36 nobody, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  16. Eat News

Eat News Station Group CEO

17. brianpr3

brianpr3 News Director

damn that escalated quickly
    [​IMG]

Newsjunker95 likes this.
  18. nobody

nobody AM Anchor

wow, what did she do? Chris Knowles and now Lisa Mateo - the only 2 colleagues at all to wish her well - she's like Persona non -grata. not more than 5 comments by former coworkers & colleagues on either post.
    These staffers that kissed her Butt all these years like Kirsten Cole, Magee Hickey, Nicole johnson, Mannerino that Ojinika, James Ford,Monica Morales and even that Roetony cameraguy - they're all self-proclaimed "Team Players", well where are they? There's other ways to publicly support her - like HERE or other media industry forums or other social media, They all let that Pix11 door slam on Suki's Butt, what a bunch of phoneys - they all kissed her butt for job security all those years.

#39 nobody, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
  19. brianpr3

brianpr3 News Director

according to the article apparently Amy the ND demanded that the talent acknowledge the new hire and suki was not happy about so in essence she got the hook that way under the guise of insubordination plus if anyone else acknowledged her departure on air they would also meet the same fate...

Bill from Maspeth likes this.