1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Registration and sign in using a Twitter, Facebook, or Google account is temporarily unavailable. Please see this post for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Out and About

Discussion in 'General TV' started by TexasTVNews, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Daybreak

Daybreak News Director

Mark always seems to get into some kind of trouble hahaha

mposeymil likes this.
  2. 24994J

24994J Chief Meteorologist
    Forum Moderator

3. Georgie56

Georgie56 Happy Warrior

Oh no! He lived a full life and was one of the greats in Chicago. RIP.

DesertNewsGeek and JacobC like this.
  4. ttvn2000

ttvn2000 Newsroom Intern

Will WEWS ever learn?! They should’ve never ditched Tera Blake for the short-lived duo of Somara Theodore (pre-ticket-scandal) and Jason Nicholas (pre-WOIO). But I guess things worked out for Tera Blake since she’s now at a dominant WKRC instead of a weak WEWS...

5. east-tx-tv

east-tx-tv AM Anchor

I haven't thought about him since he did weather (IIRR, the midday news, mostly) on WFAA. A bit obnoxious in north TX, but was probably just a warm-up. I'd forgotten the Charlotte mess was him, now frosting on the cake in San Diego? How on earth was he in a relationship, with all that spazzy-wackyness? I wonder if he can bounce back from this, or even get a used-car-sales job.

mposeymil and Daybreak like this.
  6. Georgie56

Georgie56 Happy Warrior

7. KentBrockman

KentBrockman I Report, You Decide.

oknewsguy likes this.
  8. H4UL4U

H4UL4U VP of Media Content

Same here. I remember seeing videos like these pre-YouTube on eBaum's World (another blast from the past). For those playing at home, yes, that is from when WCCB was still a Fox station. IIRC, he left this station to enter rehab then resurfaced in Colorado Springs. Had no idea he was in San Diego.

9. DesertNewsGeek

DesertNewsGeek Assignment Editor

KLAS-TV Las Vegas recently added a 9 pm newscast on subchannel 8.2 (MeTV), just an hour ahead of other prime-time news coverage on KVVU and KVCW.

10. DesertNewsGeek

DesertNewsGeek Assignment Editor

KLAS previously had a 4pm newscast prior to Nexstar mandating the station to replace it with Las Vegas NOW.

11. oknewsguy

oknewsguy News Director

The question would be does KMGH want to bring Mike Landess back? Because I'm sure Landess would like to return to KMGH

KentBrockman likes this.
  12. CLETVFan

CLETVFan Primary Anchor

And WEWS should have never ditched Macie Jepson for Jackie Fernandez (pre-ticket scandal).

13. CLETVFan

CLETVFan Primary Anchor

John Anderson appears to have left WKYC according to his post in his Facebook page following its format change in its morning newscast. This will be the second time he has left the station.

14. JacobC

JacobC AM Anchor

Channel 8 used to have a 10pm news share-agreement when KTUD was still on the air as UPN Las Vegas.

DesertNewsGeek likes this.
  15. ttvn2000

ttvn2000 Newsroom Intern

Agreed. That’s when they decided to go for the Ohio City/hipster/club crowd with promos like this:

And going way back...I still think they made a HUGE mistake ditching Kimberly Gill. Cleveland (and Pittsburgh’s) loss is definitely Detroit’s gain. WEWS should’ve sent to Danita back to mornings in 2009 and put Kimberly in the main slot.

mposeymil likes this.
  16. ns8401

ns8401 Station Group CEO

In person Kimberly Gill seems friendly enough... but on air her stiffness really only works in some places and at some stations... she is a good replacement for who she replaced but that’s about all one can say about her...

17. ttvn2000

ttvn2000 Newsroom Intern

She isn’t as stiff as Romona Robinson...who was pretty successful in Cleveland. Or Lorna Barrett, the face of a much-stronger WEWS in the 1990s.

But I do think Gill is doing well in Carmen Harlan’s seat at WDIV.

18. CLETVFan

CLETVFan Primary Anchor

I saw on another forum back in '09 that there were rumors that WEWS was thinking of pairing Kimberly Gill with Duane Pohlman for evenings. How would that have worked for a team, and wasn't he up for Ted Henry's spot after his retirement?

19. ttvn2000

ttvn2000 Newsroom Intern

I think it could’ve worked. Not sure if it would’ve been enough to turn the ratings, but I’ve always thought Gill should’ve had a better chance there...especially compared to Danita Harris, who I think was best-suited for Good Morning Cleveland.

‘09 was a volatile time for channel 5...it seemed like they were trying all kinds of different pairings around that time. (Even Joy Benedict had some anchor time during that period if I’m remembering correctly.). This was when they started calling themselves “channel 5” outside of newscasts and had a very inconsistent look and feel.

mposeymil likes this.
  20. ns8401

ns8401 Station Group CEO

Dave LewAllen has been named lead anchor for WXYZ in Detroit replacing Stephen Clark. At 31 years he is their longest tenured anchor/reporter.

So this is their new team going forward:
    upload_2018-10-12_12-38-54.jpeg
    Dave LewAllen
    Carolyn Clifford
    Dave Rexroth
    Brad Galli