1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out and About

Discussion in 'General TV' started by TexasTVNews, Aug 9, 2011.

1. 24994J

24994J Chief Meteorologist

That looks even shittier than I expected.

MidwestTV likes this.
  2. rkolsen

rkolsen A Member of Sinclair Broadcast Group

You would think they’d have something made up in the measurements of the open screen? Surely after spending about $20k+ per screen they could afford buying a back up cut out. How much could that cost at Kinkos or I bet they could get it done quicker as they are on the lot which has a print shop.

I would have thought some of the plasmas like at WMAQ would have burnt out first. But I guess since it was new technology.

compubit likes this.
  3. CircleSeven

CircleSeven Midnight Presenter

4. rkolsen

It appears to have been fixed. I’m not sure if it worked during the afternoon / early newscasts. I almost think this may have been a video wall server issue. I seem to remember now that during AM instagrams the Middle Wall has had alignment issues - where about the top quarter of the screen appeared black or was on the bottom on the screen. That or they had a spare handy and was installed quickly.

[​IMG]

5. CircleSeven

New M&A Tonight. CNZ is buying another station.

They're getting Granite Broadcasting's KOFY-TV through its Stryker Media subsidiary for $6M.

KOFY has channel-share agreement with CNZ-owned Class-A station KCNZ-CD.

I was hoping Weigel would've gotten it and move all the programming to their newly acquired outlets. After all, KOFY carries Me-TV on its sub.

#7265 CircleSeven, Nov 16, 2017 at 12:14 AM
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017 at 1:56 AM
  6. rkolsen

Rather than bumping an old thread regarding Telemundo 20 I’m San Diego or I thought I would ask my question here and maybe @Eat News or @A3N could answer.

Does KNSD/ NBC 7 provide traffic and weather updates during the local avails during Un Nuevo Día? I know their station breaks are different from the Today Show ones. I ask because Telemundo 20 plugged NBC 7’s morning newscast. My Spanish is rusty and couldn’t keep up with what they are saying. There was a video on Vimeo that was a promo for NBC 7 in Spanish but I can’t find it now.

On the same topic WCAU do the same for WWSI (maybe @HulkieD could answer)?

How much would it cost to say translate an hour of news from NBC 7 to air right before Un Nuevo Dia?

Also why would KNSD have this video from KFMB on their Vimeo website:

Thanks in advance if you guys are able to find anything out?

7. mvcg66b3r

mvcg66b3r Newsroom Intern

This leaves Granite with one station, WTVH Syracuse (run by Sinclair).

8. scrabbleship

scrabbleship Primary Anchor

Given the investment Sinclair has made in a WTVH-exclusive news product, I wonder how viable it would be for Granite to sell to someone that isn't a Sinclair shell. Who would even go after a third place station that's shown some potential? Heartland? Quincy? Gray? Hubbard owning its first CBS affiliate ever?

As for KOFY, a saga ends. A saga which, adjusted for inflation, cost the $257 million in station value alone. I wonder where it would be today if they cashed out sooner, I remember when the cap went up to 39% it seemed initially certain that Tribune wanted then-KBWB and then-WDWB at any cost, well minus what Granite had in mind. Even the failed DS Audible deal would've been less of a disaster.

9. A3N

A3N LIVE

I don’t watch T20 in the mornings, but I’m assuming they either don’t give traffic and WX updates, and if they do it’s probably just a few graphics.

In regards to that KFMB video, my guess is that was supposed to be an internal video. An aircheck of the rival station for marketing purposes, perhaps? Either, someone messed up.

10. televisionguy16

televisionguy16 Primary Anchor

Quincy certainly does come to mind. They should have bought it when they got most of Granite's television stations earlier.

11. mvcg66b3r

mvcg66b3r Newsroom Intern

KOFY would lose half its coverage and probably flip to a Spanish/ethnic format. Where would the syndicated shows go?

12. CircleSeven

What did I say earlier?
    If you've seen the successes of operating independents in Chicago & Milwaukee, KOFY's shows would be a perfect fit for Weigel. In fact about it, after getting the shows, drop the KTLN calls and make that station KOFY.
    ________

Anywho, Brady is unloading one of its stations.

Brady is donating its Idaho Falls station, KXTF to religious broadcaster, TCT.

#7272 CircleSeven, Nov 20, 2017 at 12:26 AM
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017 at 2:36 AM
  13. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

Bell's doing more layoffs to its local stations; particularly sportscasters, and particularly in Toronto.