New Fox Sports graphics (2017 Edition?)

Discussion in 'Sport Center' started by Viper550, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

If the final version looks more like what they had been teasing, it could work. But tonight was just a jumbled mess.

2. A3N

A3N LIVE

They can't make up their mind and decide if they want glossy or flat graphics. They're indecisive just like ESPN where they have the flat look, and the MNF/NBA/College Football Playoff graphics.

3. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

I'd say this is another speciman of a potential redesign, but this is just from the NASCAR Race Hub package (which itself was still in use last season, and has L3s based on the current studio look.

Also, I'd keep an eye out tomorrow, because of practice for the Formerly Known As The Budweiser Shootout.

4. A3N

A3N LIVE

5. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

Not really. Those look like elements of their current graphics and the NASCAR inserts that debuted last year. Especially the fonts.

6. A3N

A3N LIVE

No new gfx on the FSN side for baseball (at least on FS Midwest). The FOX box has moved back to the left side. FSN doesn't usually roll out anything new/updated until the last game(s) of Spring Training or for Opening Day. I'll have some screen grabs in a bit.

7. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

Daytona 500 is the nail in the head. Nothing new (except for last year's new inserts being updated with the new NASCAR logo, and anything new related to that silly new stage system). If Fox had anything new, it would've debuted during the prelude to Daytona.

8. Georgie56

Georgie56 News Director

Told ya. Those "new graphics" were just for the Super Bowl only. Maybe the refreshed Foxbox we saw on Super Bowl Sunday will carry over into next season, or maybe into the upcoming baseball season.

#48 Georgie56, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  9. A3N

A3N LIVE

I don't know. Something seems off. If it was just temporary, then they wouldn't have tweaked the FOXBOX for the Super Bowl. And the fact that they had a mix of old and new stuff leads me to believe that they weren't done with them, and rushed them out. That being said, the turn around from the SB to Daytona is a few weeks, so if they didn't have the updates ready for the Super Bowl, they sure as hell weren't going to be ready for Daytona.

Opening Day for baseball is still about a month away. They have plenty of time to tweak what they need to for the FSN's to use--and as i've mentioned before, any new/updated gfx usually debut during the last few spring training games.

Anyways, Here are a few screen grabs from FSN Midwest (which had a lot of trouble with the FOX Box placement throughout Saturday's game):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this graphic seems new:
    [​IMG]

10. A3N

A3N LIVE

So there's confirmation that there will indeed be a new graphics package coming this fall. Watch the video below (around the 1 minute mark):

Wonder if these are the new graphics?

Attached Files:

#50 A3N, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  11. A3N

A3N LIVE

I was poking around online and stumbled across a demo/in-service for the graphics operators on the new graphics. Let's just say that the new FOX Sports gfx package is flat, generic and they sure do love the color black. Honestly, it looks like they were made for a video game.

They should be ready to go for the start of College Football-- I believe next weekend?

12. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

13. 24994J

24994J Chief Meteorologist

Anything remotely related to what we saw for the Super Bowl or the MLB updates above your post?

14. A3N

A3N LIVE

closer to the MLB update. I didn't see the FOXBOX but here are some screengrabs:

Attached Files:

15. Spring Rubber

Spring Rubber AM Anchor

Next weekend is a Sunday Fox Preseason NFL Doubleheader (I think this is the first time they've ever done this). College Football starts Labor Day weekend.

I believe Fox typically does debut new graphics during NFL preseason, so we ought to see the new graphics on Sunday.

16. A3N

A3N LIVE

There are a handful of games on 8/26, but the season really kicks off the following Thursday-Saturday. FS1 has a game on Friday night (9/1). But like you said, we should see the new stuff for the NFL pre-season games next week.

Seeing that this gfx package is ready to go, I wonder if they'll use the new stuff for the MLB Playoffs? In the past, they've used new graphics during playoffs but that stopped when the FSN's/FOX Sports mothership integrated their graphical look/resources.

17. Spring Rubber

Spring Rubber AM Anchor

Actually, MLB graphics were more delayed before the integration. When new graphics launched for the NFL in fall 2003, MLB didn't get those graphics until the 2004 playoffs. When NFL got new graphics in fall 2006, MLB didn't get those graphics until the 2008 regular season.

The least delay ever was with the outgoing graphics. NASCAR debuted the graphics instead of the NFL (in February 2014), and MLB immediately got those graphics for the 2014 regular season.

18. A3N

A3N LIVE

Yes, but prior to 2008-ish? Weren't the mothership telecast graphics and the FSN gfx different? I don't recall ever seeing those jolly rancher graphics from 2005-2008 used on the national broadcasts. It wasn't until the 2008 update that both entities started sharing the same look. I could be wrong. It's been way too long to remember.

19. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

The jolly rancher graphics were used for that one particular NFL game where the normal production trucks got snowed out and they had to leech off FSN Rocky Mountain just to get a telecast available. Besides that, the only time Fox and FSN shared graphics prior to 2010 were when they both used the "metal" graphics for MLB.

20. A3N

A3N LIVE

Yes, the 2008 graphics package was the first one they shared ( example below). This look was followed by the pillbox.

Attached Files: