New Fox Sports graphics (2017 Edition?)

Discussion in 'Sport Center' started by Viper550, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

If the final version looks more like what they had been teasing, it could work. But tonight was just a jumbled mess.

2. A3N

A3N LIVE

They can't make up their mind and decide if they want glossy or flat graphics. They're indecisive just like ESPN where they have the flat look, and the MNF/NBA/College Football Playoff graphics.

3. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

I'd say this is another speciman of a potential redesign, but this is just from the NASCAR Race Hub package (which itself was still in use last season, and has L3s based on the current studio look.

Also, I'd keep an eye out tomorrow, because of practice for the Formerly Known As The Budweiser Shootout.

4. A3N

A3N LIVE

5. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

Not really. Those look like elements of their current graphics and the NASCAR inserts that debuted last year. Especially the fonts.

6. A3N

A3N LIVE

No new gfx on the FSN side for baseball (at least on FS Midwest). The FOX box has moved back to the left side. FSN doesn't usually roll out anything new/updated until the last game(s) of Spring Training or for Opening Day. I'll have some screen grabs in a bit.

7. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

Daytona 500 is the nail in the head. Nothing new (except for last year's new inserts being updated with the new NASCAR logo, and anything new related to that silly new stage system). If Fox had anything new, it would've debuted during the prelude to Daytona.

8. Georgie56

Georgie56 Managing Editor

Told ya. Those "new graphics" were just for the Super Bowl only. Maybe the refreshed Foxbox we saw on Super Bowl Sunday will carry over into next season, or maybe into the upcoming baseball season.

#48 Georgie56, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  9. A3N

A3N LIVE

I don't know. Something seems off. If it was just temporary, then they wouldn't have tweaked the FOXBOX for the Super Bowl. And the fact that they had a mix of old and new stuff leads me to believe that they weren't done with them, and rushed them out. That being said, the turn around from the SB to Daytona is a few weeks, so if they didn't have the updates ready for the Super Bowl, they sure as hell weren't going to be ready for Daytona.

Opening Day for baseball is still about a month away. They have plenty of time to tweak what they need to for the FSN's to use--and as i've mentioned before, any new/updated gfx usually debut during the last few spring training games.

Anyways, Here are a few screen grabs from FSN Midwest (which had a lot of trouble with the FOX Box placement throughout Saturday's game):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this graphic seems new:
    [​IMG]