1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Registration and sign in using a Twitter, Facebook, or Google account is temporarily unavailable. Please see this post for details.
    Dismiss Notice

NBC Nightly News

Discussion in 'Network News' started by tvnewsjunkie, Sep 2, 2014.

1. nydem2015

nydem2015 AM Anchor

I was kidding. Yes of course you can. Seriously tho I do think Brian Williams is bitter about not having Nightly News. He's lucky he's still at MSNBC. His show does well without him.

Daybreak likes this.
  2. nydem2015

nydem2015 AM Anchor

On a separate but related note I can see Lester being a witness for Mueller and if that's the case he might have to recuse himself from some or perhaps even all of NBC's special coverage regarding the Mueller investigation at some point.

3. Robin Red

Robin Red Primary Anchor

That might happen, we will see if we get to that point.

4. rkolsen

rkolsen A Member of Sinclair Broadcast Group
    Forum Moderator

I regularly watch the 11th Hour and don’t think Brian Williams is bitter. He certainly was humbled but he still has the same personality on air.

jsn1992, 24994J, atlnews2 and 2 others like this.
  5. cna247

cna247 Newsroom Intern

I don’t work in tv news at all. All you do is criticize NBC and that’s your right, but it just seems a little suspect. I see you went on a bit of a commenting spree there yesterday to disprove that by commenting in non-NBC threads. Seems like you’re the one that’s triggered.

6. nydem2015

nydem2015 AM Anchor

Exactly. If Lester is a witness in a trial that's on virtually every network that's around I can't imagine he'd be able to anchor NN while a part of the story. If that happened he can be off NN for several months or perhaps even longer. He would probably still do Dateline shows that were of a different subject matter tho it would be unprecedented for a Network Anchorperson to be off a newscast for an extended period of time due to being part of a major news story tho it would be necessary especially with all the cries of fake news out there today.

7. mre29

mre29 AM Anchor

Have I missed something? How is Lester Holt connected to Mueller's investigation?

8. Georgie56

Georgie56 Happy Warrior

He’s not, but Trump did an interview with him last year, and the topic of the Comey firing came up during it.

9. Robin Red

Robin Red Primary Anchor

I did not know you followed, observed or cared what I said so much or what places I go. I am not talking about you, so you should not take it personally.

10. cna247

cna247 Newsroom Intern

I do not follow you. However, I’m observant, your posts stand out, and I have taken notice of your pattern. I’m not taking it personally, it just seems that you have a vendetta against NBC properties, namely Today and NN. And it seems like you repeat the same stuff over and over. I have not bothered looking at your post history, but the only time I have seen you comment elsewhere is after I called you out.

24994J likes this.
  11. Robin Red

Robin Red Primary Anchor

This is the reason why NBC is a disorganized mismanaged network.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...b1697adcc2a_story.html?utm_term=.95737c4bc6e0

12. nydem2015

nydem2015 AM Anchor

Lester Holt is off tonight. I will presume unless and until I hear otherwise that he's only off because he's scheduled to be off if you know what I mean.

13. Eat News

Eat News Station Group CEO

I gave Lester the night off.

He needs a hug.

If you know what I mean.

14. TriangleTriadMediaNews

TriangleTriadMediaNews Managing Editor

Eat, didn't we have this talk a couple weeks ago? Humans are friends, not food!

Journalist and Eat News like this.
  15. Georgie56

Georgie56 Happy Warrior

Eat. Spit him out.

16. rkolsen

Forum Moderator

It’s the night before the WHCD. He could be traveling to DC.

17. rkolsen

Forum Moderator

Lester Holt and Maria Bartaromo were mentioned in Muellers list of questions.

What Mueller Wants to Ask Trump About Obstruction, and What It Means https://nyti.ms/2FsWW8o

18. nydem2015

nydem2015 AM Anchor

Lester Holt seems to be the only living anchor or former anchor of Nightly News with any decency expect for maybe Roger Mudd.

19. Robin Red

Robin Red Primary Anchor

I heard a lot of good things about Lester Holt, he seems like a down to earth decent guy that is not caught up in the ego like other people in his profession. That since of down to earth demeanor will take him far and make him greater in his career. He is the only anchor on tv that has the human touch. what I always like about him is his straight shoot style of reporting.

His way of speaking and presenting the news is so pinpointed. He speaks to his viewers he does not talk down to them. I am a long time news junkie and Lester Holt is by far the greatest news anchor of this era. Everyone else is caught up in wanting to sound fancy, smart and "educated" and they wonder why mainstream media approval is at an all time low. Stop the self grandeur and just present people with information.

20. MorningNews

MorningNews News Director

Lester Holt has been a favorite of mine since Weekend Today when he anchored with Campbell Brown. That was a good while ago and Lester still has the same charm and charismatic personality that made him a hit back then.