1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Registration and sign in using a Twitter, Facebook, or Google account is temporarily unavailable. Please see this post for details.
    Dismiss Notice

NBC 10 Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia News' started by WCAUTVNBC10, Mar 18, 2014.

1. WCAUTVNBC10

WCAUTVNBC10 Troglodyte Homunculus

So I think it's safe to say they brought Lucy in to free Vai up to co-anchor the 11AM with Rosemary. It wouldn't shock me if they bring someone on eventually to co-anchor the weekend evenings with Denise as it seems to be their goal to have two anchors for every newscast now.

2. TVNewsLover

TVNewsLover AM Anchor

Do they really need a separate anchor team for just the 11am show? Couldn't they just have had Keith and Erin anchor it? It seems like they're playing around with the 4pm show too. Jackie has anchored with both Erin and Rosemary this week while Jim is clearly in the building as he was in the sat center at 5pm and anchored at 6pm and 11pm.

3. emmi_18

emmi_18 Reporter

With Rosemary, she deserved to be promoted to a weekday newscast for some time now. I was hoping she or Denise would become Keith's co-anchor at 5 before they hired Erin. I'm not sure if she's been reporting in the 4-6 PM news block, but that was on my mind when Rosemary began anchoring the 11AM. I think the reason why Keith and Erin only anchor the 5 and not the 11AM newscasts is both contribute as reporters (I'm sure about Keith, but don't know about Erin) for the 11PM newscasts.

4. WCAUTVNBC10

WCAUTVNBC10 Troglodyte Homunculus

They actually haven't had a permanent anchor for the 11AM since Renee ummm..."left". Since then though they've really grown their talent pool and I think it's safe to say they now have the largest news team in the market. With that in mind, why wouldn't you want to have variety at the anchor desk every newscast?

5. TVNewsLover

TVNewsLover AM Anchor

Money. Plain and simple.

If you are gonna go with variety why not go with a different pair for 6pm and 11pm too. Variety is great, but it doesn’t come cheap either.

Seems like they’ve settled on new weekday pairs:
    Early Morning: Lucy & Tracy
    Late Morning: Vai & Tracy
    11am: Vai & Rosemary
    4pm: Jackie & Erin
    5pm: Keith & Erin
    6pm/11pm: Jim & Jackie

Seems like they’ve switched some of Tammie and Glenn’s time slots too.