MSNBC Shake Up

Discussion in 'US Cable News' started by B2r4a6n, Jul 23, 2015.

1. wnbc2016

wnbc2016 Assignment Editor

I think the hope is that whoever NBC bring over will be a success tho they are okay with it not if it takes away from another network. I think they hope that Megan Kelly will be a ratings draw tho more then likely she won't and I would guess by the end of December she will either be out or on her way out and no one including Megan Kelly will be terribly surprised.

2. Myron Falwell

Myron Falwell Director of Graphic Blandishment and Chroma Cues

"Special series" more often than not means a limited run. IMO.

Plus maybe they are starting to build up a new, different library of documentaries to run on weekend nights and finally retire "Lockup."

3. Robin Red

Robin Red AM Anchor

The On Assignment newsmagazine had legs that NBC could work with. On Assignment on NBC did so much better then Megyn Kelly's newsmagazine. The problem is that NBC always wants to compete with 60 Minutes, they should give it up. There is only one 60 Minutes.

Greta is a weak broadcaster, she worked at Fox News cause she was not threatening and she had that twang which appealed to a certain audience.

She was placed in a bad time slot, the 6:00 time slot is the worse time slot in cable news. No show that is on the 6:00 hour does well on MSNBC. I am surprised Al Sharpton's show did as well as it did. Cable newsers are competing against evening news and evening news brings in millions of viewers a night. Greta had no chance and also she probably left cause she knew trouble was brewing with the scandals and she did not want to be a apart of it.

4. atlnews2

atlnews2 News Director

5. Breaking News

Breaking News News Director

Maybe it was because her show sucked, and no thought or planning was involved in her show. It was like hey NBC has Greta, and we can just throw a show on and people will watch at 6 pm. I agree she was up against a lot of stiff competition, but her show sucked from day one it aired.

6. Eat News

Eat News Station Group CEO

Myron Falwell, rkolsen and Charles like this.
  7. Charles

Charles News Director

This is the one thing I never, ever understood about her. How you can be someone claiming to be a journalist and a Scientologist, I have no idea...

atlnews2, rkolsen and Eat News like this.
  8. Eat News

I'm asking myself if I would find her credible presenting the subject somehow.
    Is that something one just 'dabbles" in?

Gotta admit I would watch, but could I give her a fair shake if she was defending or supporting?

I don't know either.

rkolsen likes this.
  9. Charles

Charles News Director

I am pretty sure she's a practicing Scientologist. She dresses just like one on TV. I don't know if you've ever been in the area around headquarters, but you will see them all over there, all wearing those very neat, tightly-outfitted black suits with white or blue button-ups underneath. Greta also supposedly has a house in Clearwater, which is where a lot of those upper crust Scientologists have their houses too, indicating that she's probably pretty high up in the church. What is odd though is that she has kept it all very hush hush unlike any other celebrity Scientologists, and her sister is a psychiatrist, aka "a practitioner of death" or something...

But with all that said, I can't imagine her leaving the church anytime soon, let alone being anywhere near Leah Remini.

Myron Falwell and Eat News like this.
  10. Myron Falwell

Myron Falwell Director of Graphic Blandishment and Chroma Cues

rkolsen likes this.
  11. Chicago's Very Own

Chicago's Very Own AM Anchor

And I'm sure all 12 viewers will love her.

Seriously though, where is OANN even available? I've never seen it included in any cable package or even on hotel TVs which seem to sometimes have random and weird channels (for instance, I've been in hotels in New York and London that both carried the American RT feed, but I think even the Kremlin's very own is more popular than OAN).

Eyewitness News-man likes this.
  12. Eyewitness News-man

Eyewitness News-man N.W.A: News-man With Attitude.

OANN is on FiOS among the news channels, but I'm sure they'd have exactly that number of viewers on average anyway.

13. Georgie56

Georgie56 Managing Editor

U-Verse has it.

14. Eat News

The owner(Wealth-TV ) has pissed off and sued so many cable operators that nobody will carry them.

I have been inside the operation, and have a few insiders there. It's a LOW budget operation. It's "bring your own paper clips" low budget.

They wouldn't want to even spring for Greta's monthly parking on the hill.

My local 7-11 has more employees...and pays much better.

#354 Eat News, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Myron Falwell and Weeters like this.
  15. mre29

mre29 AM Anchor

It's available on Roku via subscription.

16. Drew

Drew NBCUniversal News Group President

Couple of questions when does Ari start his weekday show? Was Pulse of America cancelled? I don't see it on he guide anymore.

17. rkolsen

rkolsen A Member of Sinclair Broadcast Group

It's not in my guide anymore either and ever since TiVo turned to RoVi their guide was slow to update. I think it was on last week but it's Facebook hasn't been updated since June 27. It's a long shot but I tried the message feature on Facebook. However according to WikiPedia it states that Microsoft discontinued the free version of Microsoft Pulse and states it's only available now as a part of Skype for Business during a Skype Meeting Broadcast. So that likely meant the end of the show.

I have not seen anything related to a premier date or name for Ari's show. He has been posting control room shots lately during times when the main studio 3A isn't in use (based on the time and as the cameras seen show an empty studio). Maybe they are rehearsing and going over different elements but to be honest I don't know why they can't go over the show in a conference room.

Additionally based on the following Tweet it sounds like The Point is over:

That and I haven't heard anything on when Thomas Roberts starts anchoring weekend nights or when in July they'll expand live coverage until 9PM eastern or rotas (a word learned from TVForum but never had a chance to use it.)

18. newsanchor26

newsanchor26 Health Reporter

Thomas Roberts anchored The Point's time slot last Sunday. Made no mention on air or social media about when he'll expand to Saturdays and 7-9pm ET as well

19. LivefromNewYork

LivefromNewYork Assignment Editor

MSNBC will be live tonight (Sunday) until 7pm.

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 6.13.09 PM.png
    Yasmin Vossoughian anchoring MSNBC live from video wall section of 3A, showing a loop of 4E.
    New city graphics visible behind guests, notice the Nightly News inspired shot of rock center on the left in the upper right box.

20. rkolsen

rkolsen A Member of Sinclair Broadcast Group

His show starts next Monday. It's called The Beat.