1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Registration and sign in using a Twitter, Facebook, or Google account is temporarily unavailable. Please see this post for details.
    Dismiss Notice

KTVU Branding Changes

Discussion in 'General TV' started by C Block, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Londoner

Londoner Assignment Editor

I wonder how soon they'll get a new set (which will presumably be a Devlin one like the other O&Os have been getting).

The one they've got is pretty dated and they could use a new one - but I guess it would mean another big change to their visual identity, and they seem to be treading quite carefully here at the moment.

2. Darius22

Darius22 News Director

there's a new logo for KRXI's Simulcasts of KTVU's 10:00 News.

Apparently the ID they show in between is Kinda Outdated. Sinclair should fix that maybe.

Attached Files:

3. NCFLMedia

NCFLMedia Station Group CEO

Still doing that 'eh? I wonder when KRNV will finally replace it with its own hour-long 10pm newscast.

4. Mrtraveler01

Mrtraveler01 Managing Editor

I'm surprised that they've kept the 10pm simulcast going, I figured they wouldve dropped it for a KRNV-produced newscast. But I guess after the backlash they got for dropping the Mornings on 2 simulcast they're hesitant.

5. Mrtraveler01

I'm surprised that they've kept the 10pm simulcast going, I figured they wouldve dropped it for a KRNV-produced newscast. But I guess after the backlash they got for dropping the Mornings on 2 simulcast they're hesitant.

6. Ramona

Ramona Fluffy Fox Girl
    Forum Moderator

I just think Sinclair hasn't readied the station yet to produce it.

7. Mrtraveler01

I think so too. I'm still surprised its taking this long though.

8. caliwxdude

caliwxdude Primary Anchor

Looks like KTVU has ditched the generic Fox O&O opens, as Mornings on 2 was sporting a completely new, custom open today. Makes sense as it's a pretty big day for KTVU, with Gasia Mikaelian making her official Mornings on 2 debut and the premiere of the 4:00pm show later on. In-show graphics (lower thirds, etc.) remain the same.

I haven't had a chance to grab video yet, but here's a still. Overall looks pretty great, and I'm glad they've gone with something custom over the hub crap.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. C Block

C Block TVNT Local 1544 Union Boss

That looks so nice! Not sure about the use of Gotham, but otherwise, that's really excellent. This is the price I pay for being a temporary ex-pat I suppose. Maybe I can catch some video off my Comcast DVR later.

10. channel2

channel2 Primary Anchor

That's not Gotham, it's Nexa, which does look a lot like it.

11. It does look a lot nicer than the standard graphics that the Fox O&Os currently use...I do wonder if and when these would used down the rest of the station group chain.

12. caliwxdude

caliwxdude Primary Anchor

Another still, but here's the noon open. The vertical O&O-style logo lockup is thankfully history. Nice upgrade!

[​IMG]

13. rkolsen

rkolsen A Member of Sinclair Broadcast Group
    Forum Moderator

They look like great updates. The way the ticker and logo looks good minus the background of the lower third.

14. NCFLMedia

KTVU is becoming independent from FOX, FINALLY.

15. SFTV

SFTV AM Anchor

Their new 4pm newscast debuted today as well. Very soft type of Newscast. Very Social Media geared. Way better than KPIX's Nightbeat which is too overloaded with Social Media.

16. NCFLMedia

Is their 4pm newscast better than KGO's 4pm newscast? And nobody watches nightbeat because everybody is tuned to KTVU at 10pm.

Keep an eye out for KTVU. There could be more new opens throughout the day.

17. TheOneManHerd

TheOneManHerd Health Team

A sign of things to come for the other O&Os? It would be nice if they had the option to go with these graphics. There are other Fox O&Os that don't prescribe to the "Fox Attitude" that these would be great for.

18. NEOMatrix

NEOMatrix aka Raycom's God of Destruction

Evidently, KTVU is the WJZ of the FTS group. But I will say that KTVU has excellent opens that don't scream "FOX!!!!" Now if they could only do the same for the ex-New World stations (KTBC, KDFW, WJBK, etc.).

19. Eat News

Eat News Station Group CEO

Those look like they were done by the former Cox graphics team.

20. C Block

C Block TVNT Local 1544 Union Boss

I have video! I forgot to record it in HD, but...it's still not bad for putting something together from far away.

If I had to guess, these opens are likely vestiges of what were going to be new in-house graphics before the Fox sale happened. The new show is interesting— quite a few in-depth, studio-based interviews and other segments about more cerebral topics like SF's housing crunch and Muni's perpetual woes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eBokfCuKJc&feature=youtu.be