1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Registration and sign in using a Twitter, Facebook, or Google account is temporarily unavailable. Please see this post for details.
    Dismiss Notice

KTVU Branding Changes

Discussion in 'General TV' started by C Block, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Spectrum27

Spectrum27 News Director

Note that they still haven't changed the Twitter feed BG to match the new look.

2. ns8401

ns8401 Station Group CEO

Omen to bad moves and disaster prone programming decisions and glitches galore?

3. caliwxdude

caliwxdude Primary Anchor

Doubtful, looks like they were only off-air for 10 minutes at the top of the 5:00am show. Probably either a glitch with Ignite or playout server that required a reboot. This stuff happened under CMG as well, guys...

1 person likes this.
  4. Ramona

Ramona Fluffy Fox Girl
    Forum Moderator

Not the least of their worries, given that this happened today.

5. iamnomad

iamnomad Assignment Editor

About three weeks after the change, KTVU is still using its old logo bug during syndicated programming and the L3 from the 2006 Hothaus package for in-show teasers for "The Ten O'Clock News."

6. SFTV

SFTV AM Anchor

The news set still uses the hothaus 2 on its monitors over the anchors except the standup screens where it clashes with the new logo.

7. Mrtraveler01

Mrtraveler01 Managing Editor

8. C Block

C Block TVNT Local 1544 Union Boss

The bug has been changed to be just the laser 2 again — no Fox logo or red stripe.

1 person likes this.
  9. SFTV

SFTV AM Anchor

It's looks so out of place now. They also dropped the KTVU FOX 2 in their tag lines when ending and introducing their reports and reverted back to KTVU 2 NEWS.

The viewers tackled the 3 letter word FOX away and now it's on to bring the clock back and the SF Viewers will be happy.

On a side note KPIX finally added the social media mandate under its logo like the other CBS O&O's are doing but it's similar to KTVU's now .

10. C Block

I haven't heard that anywhere.

I didn't realize that this was also mentioned in the no emotion box last night. The bug seems to quickly flip between the plain 2 and a smaller Fox 2 logo every few minutes. The clock is also back! In a design that looks a lot like the old graphics.

11. jero23

jero23 AM Anchor

I doubt it will last... They know the station is owned by the network now, so it's not like they won't eventually bring back the "FOX" to the newscast logos. Truth be told, it's interesting seeing how KTVU does like sister station KTTV in LA on maintaining its own identity while being O&O.

12. caliwxdude

caliwxdude Primary Anchor

KTVU is adding 4:00am and 4:00pm newscasts to the programming lineup. According to an article on TVSpy, the 4:00am show begins next Monday (April 20) and the 4:00pm show will start this summer. I'd guess Brian Flores and Pam Cook will tack on the additional 4:00am half-hour to their anchoring duties, but no word on who's going to helm the new 4:00pm show.

The 4:00pm addition is a long time coming, IMO. KTVU has always had a tough time filling the 4:00pm time slot – first with Dr. Oz, then Right this Minute, now TMZ Live and everything has struggled against Ellen on KNTV and news on KGO. Should be interesting to see how this new show fares in the books.

13. C Block

I also mentioned this in the Out and About thread that Gasia is moving to the morning show when Tori leaves. Maybe we'll be seeing a lot more of Heather Holmes?

14. CircleSeven

CircleSeven Midnight Presenter
    Forum Moderator

I'm kinda surprised they didn't plan to expand the morning show past the 9am hour, like the other O&Os as of yet.....

15. NCFLMedia

NCFLMedia Station Group CEO

At 9:00 a.m. is Right This Minute - in which KTVU is the flagship station for the consortium of the program for Cox, Scripps and Raycom, even though its also on at 3:00 and 3:30 p.m. so yeah. I don't get why they haven't expanded past 9:00 a.m.

16. SFTV

SFTV AM Anchor

I was thinking the same thing. KRON runs until 10am. KTVU shows a full hour of Right This Minute.

17. morning traffic

morning traffic Reporter

Right This Minute is #1 in that timeslot, for what its worth.

18. SFTV

SFTV AM Anchor

Just saw a KTVU News at 7pm on TV 36 promo with a super imposed FOX 2 KTVU Mic flag. I don't know if Bay Area residents are going to like the new FOX O&O mic flags. Right now they still have the Black 2 KTVU mic flags.

They just changed their FB pic with the O&O 2 with the search lights earlier today.

19. morning traffic

morning traffic Reporter

That promo has been running since they made the graphics switch...

From what I am hearing, there seems to be a bit of a change in the wind with some of the Fox O&Os -- that they are now struggling with the lack of any kind of local identity and very unhappy with the similarities in the visual presentation to Fox News Channel. The VP of Marketing for the O&O stations has retired. Maybe it's time they make some changes.

3 people like this.
  20. Hexagonal10

Hexagonal10 Primary Anchor

"HEY FOX, NOBODY LIKES YOU!"
    "YOU WRECKED A PERFECTLY FINE STATION"

2 people like this.