1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Registration and sign in using a Twitter, Facebook, or Google account is temporarily unavailable. Please see this post for details.
    Dismiss Notice

KTVU Branding Changes

Discussion in 'General TV' started by C Block, Jan 11, 2015.

1. SFTV

SFTV AM Anchor

That's how morning news should be, silly and fun. It gets you going.

With the SF market, they leave it up to the big networks in New York (GMA, Today, CBS This Morning)

It's too stale here and lack of Variety.

KTVU and KRON go head to head 7-10am and their new 9am show is more lightweight with segments and interviews and less straight to the point news.

KBCW only simulcasts from their sister station KMAX and inserts the local KPIX ticker and covers the Good Day Sacramento with the KBCW logo. However weekends, KBCW runs a weekend morning show with the KPIX staff.

Gasia is already starting to show her old wild self when she used to anchor Fox 6 in The Morning in SD (pre FOX 5 days) Sal and Mike were already looking at her weird and said "what are you doing?" When she tried to take a selfie during a tease for commercial break.

And yes, Dave Clark sure won't be riding a muffin car in the KTVU backlot lol. Maybe Sal? Lol that's also telling Rosemary to change her wardrobe selection and stop wearing the Blazers, show more dress and arms.

2. NCFLMedia

NCFLMedia Station Group CEO

I thought KBCW also ran "Good Day Sacramento" on Sundays from 8:00-11:00 a.m.

3. SFTV

SFTV AM Anchor

They do right after KPIX News at 7am on KBCW

4. NCFLMedia

According to TV listings, religious programming is shown instead. KPIX 5 airs a Sunday morning newscast from 7:30-8:30 a.m.

5. Myron Falwell

Myron Falwell Director of Graphic Blandishment and Chroma Cues

Hang on a second... I think I've seen this before...

Eyewitness News-man and rkolsen like this.
  6. rkolsen

rkolsen A Member of Sinclair Broadcast Group
    Forum Moderator

So talk like a pirate day was on the weekend? If so I could understand doing a little as they toss to weather or in the last half hour of the show. I'm having trouble with the video but based on the posts you make it sound like it was at TOTH.

7. NCFLMedia

Haha! Well... I know I'm going off topic, but are you saying that KYW 3 was better under NBC than CBS?

8. NEOMatrix

NEOMatrix aka Raycom's God of Destruction

Give Fox some credit, they're at least allowing the newscast to become less staid and less of a glorified police scanner. WSVNFan, do you seriously thinkwant KTVU to go back to having every arson, murder, and rape that happens in San Francisco? The only thing that has brought down KTVU a little bit is the Fox branding, but that's mainly because San Francisco is a very liberal metro area so Fox has to be very careful. I say still brand as KTVU 2 but use the slogan "Fox for the Bay". Thoughts?

9. Mrtraveler01

Mrtraveler01 Managing Editor

I think KTVU Fox 2 is fine. It's a good way to balance their past with their current ownership who wants the Fox brand to be more prominent. Fox has done a decent job with that so far with KTVU.

10. SFTV

SFTV AM Anchor

SO San Francisco I don't know how that will work.

11. Eat News

Eat News Station Group CEO

Very painfully depending on the sex.

12. atlnews2

atlnews2 News Director

13. morning traffic

morning traffic Reporter

They were not "let go".. they chose not to renew their contracts.

jero23 likes this.
  14. Eat News

Eat News Station Group CEO

How does one say it's budget cuts? The reporters are the ones cutting the budget. KTVU may just exchanging 2 expensive reporters for 4 cheaper people. You can call it growth.

15. SFTV

SFTV AM Anchor

Sorry to bump an old thread.

Looks like management at KTVU are implementing the FOX 2 logo now in the mornings and they got rid of the Social Media bug. However the evenings it's back to the circle 2

[​IMG]