KGTV Dumps LAFF Network on 10.2, Replaces it with 24 Hour News

Discussion in 'General TV' started by n925tv, Mar 19, 2017.

1. n925tv

n925tv AM Anchor

KGTV has gotten rid of the Laff Network on their 10.2 subchannel, and replaced it with reruns of their news broadcasts. It's now called NEWS-CH according to my TV info, and the schedule online shows it as airing reruns of their 8 AM broadcast all day until their 5 PM broadcast.

According to their Titan TV system on their website, they ended the Laff programming at 6 AM this morning, and have been airing reruns of the newscasts since then. The guide is also showing that the Laff programing will return on 3/31 at 7 PM. But until then, reruns of the latest newscast will air.

Kinda strange, what crazy thing is their news director experimenting with now?

20170319_150736.jpg

2. Eat News

Eat News Station Group CEO

Bath salts...
    Don't do drugs kid umm-kay?

3. Charles

Charles Recovering Overnight Producer

Oh but those drugs at las farmacias in TJ are so cheap...

4. TriangleTriadMediaNews

TriangleTriadMediaNews Primary Anchor

WTVR has a similar subchannel. During the week, their 6am newscast is re-aired until noon, the noon until 5, so on and so forth. They also use that subchannel to air regular programming if they need to pre-empt it on 6.1 for breaking news or weather coverage.

5. A3N

A3N LIVE

LAFF is still on 815 on COX. Kind of strange. That weird haircut is making the ND do some crazy ass sh*t.

6. ShawnHill1

ShawnHill1 Weekend Anchor

What's KZSD currently airing? Maybe Laff (and probably the other Katz diginets not carried in the market) eventually lands there.

7. rkolsen

rkolsen A Member of Sinclair Broadcast Group

Since KGTV has had the same traffic ticker information for years (was it ever fixed @Eat News ?) is this news channel's ticker and time "live" or a recorded?

8. Eat News

The ticker is still busted..
    It now shows the same thing as the XETV ticker.

My guess is COX and Spectrum are going to wait till 3-31 to complete the new channel assignments (whatever they may be)

We need to hook up an antenna to see.

9. Georgie56

Georgie56 Managing Editor

So do the Griffin stations in Tulsa and OKC, with News on 6 Now and News 9 Now, respectively.

10. Eat News

Oh Jeepers,

Seems the wizards at COX or KGTV got the aspect ratio messed up on newschannel10.. so now it's a compressed 4:3 ( on 810 N.COX) and now... all the tubbo gorditas have gotten taller...and lost weight.

11. n925tv

n925tv AM Anchor

Must be COX, it's still 16:9 for me. Only 480p quality though, and the image seems to be slightly zoomed in compared to their normal 10.1 channel.

12. mrschimpf

mrschimpf Managing Editor

Cox probably didn't get notice of the aspect ratio change. Me-TV stations which send out their 16:9 signal in a 4:3 frame often look like this too so they have to switch it at the headend; optimally KGTV needs to send the stretch AFD code out so Cox doesn't have to do a thing.

13. Eat News

Well if you could call them and let them know because they are sick of me calling.

Just last week I called to remind them to change the time on my cable box clock because of daylight savings, they seemed annoyed by my friendly reminder.

Same thing when I called Verizion.

What if they forget?

rkolsen likes this.
  14. Myron Falwell

Myron Falwell Director of Graphic Blandishment and Chroma Cues

How could epsom salts cause a TV station to do something like...

ohhhhhhhhh...

15. Eat News

Now on COX 815 it's still LAFF (same movie as yesterday) on the air...but it's the on screen guide for 10news. 810 still has a squished pic and 10news (thin style).

Baby steps.

16. A3N

A3N LIVE

So is it possible that they're airing LAFF OTA on the former Azteca channel?

17. Eat News

Possible?

By no fault of anyone here, it seems Scripps has now entered the equation of what is supposed to be a simple affiliate switch.

Anything is possible, and just when you think it's not....Raymie comes up with something new about how the XETV swap will affect the endangered Mexican jumping turtle in Del Rio,TX.

So yaaaaa....
    It's possible it's the OTA signal.
    Nothing from KGTV can surprise me anymore.
    Nothing.

18. A3N

A3N LIVE

Yet, they wonder why their ratings are in the toilet.

And on a side note: I still can't understand how they let Itica go (whether her choice or not), but yet keep Anne State and Ariel "Garfield eyes" Wessler.

CircleSeven likes this.
  19. Eat News

They let Itica go?

When the...?
    Seriously? What a bunch of goobers, she was one of the few believable ones.
    Oh shiiiz...
    I saw Fiorena do a forced active stand-up the other day. I swear the look in his eyes were "help me....please help me". He was forced to do the "walkie-pointy to the sign" stand-up. He looked sooo unhappy , like a sad tomato.

I felt really sorry for him cuz his soul seemed lost....not like the old Steve who was funny and tough in the field. I bet he misses Itica.

20. A3N

A3N LIVE

She took off for a position at County Sup. Kristin Gaspar office as Comm. Director, or something like that. I highly doubt she leaves 10 if they had offered her something good to stay... Especially now that the County Supervisors are subject to term limits. So the job will last at max 4 years or 8.

Yeah, they're treating Steve like they did Bob Lawrence. Trying to push him out slowly, so they make him less and less visible- no anchor work, etc. Pretty sad since he's one of the best. As was Bob Lawrence- the guy had this charisma and chops that made you really respect him. I remember running into him at a few events- military events, over the years and he was always very nice and his military work for 10 was great. Which isn't surprising considering he was a former Marine.

Instead of using Stories that matter as a slogan, KGTV should steal LAFF's slogan. It suits them very well.

10 News: LAFF (Laugh), You know you want to.

Eat News likes this.