International Out and About

Discussion in 'International News' started by WSVNFan, Jul 2, 2016.

1. WSVNFan

WSVNFan Station Group CEO

After seeing all threads started for different news about TV news or something else in Canada and for various countries, I thought of starting an international version of TVNT's popular "Out and About" thread and I wanna kick it off.

First up on this thread, Global's "16x9" has been cancelled by Corus. Liza Fromer has been let go and Carolyn Jarvis (16x9 host) becomes Chief Investigative Correspondent for Global News.

http://www.broadcastermagazine.com/acquisition/corus-cancels-globals-16x9/1004123322/

Eyewitness News-man likes this.
  2. plnewsfan

plnewsfan Health Reporter

3. WSVNFan

4. rkolsen

rkolsen A Member of Sinclair Broadcast Group

5. WSVNFan

Commercials are getting kicked out from CBC Radio 2 and ICI Musique, according to Northpine.

6. WSVNFan

Today, franceinfo: launched at 8:00pm Paris time/2:00pm Washington time. It simulcasts the French version of France 24 overnights starting at 12:00 Midnight.

franceinfo: is owned by the Government of France which also owns France Televisions, France 24, Radio France, RFI and Institut national de l'audiovisel.

7. WSVNFan

Sorry to triple post but...

We already heard that Peter Mansbridge is retiring from CBC News and The National next year. Now, another one is deciding to call it quits...

After 23 years at Sky News and 50 years total in broadcast journalism, Jeremy Thompson is retiring from Sky News: http://tvnewsroom.site/sky-news/sky-news-jeremy-thompson-retire-end-year-146127/

After the US Elections, he's gone from the network. He's the second high-profile anchor to announce he's leaving from the network after Eamonn Holmes announced last week he would step down from Sky News and from anchoring Sunrise after 11 years. He's gone by October 13th.

8. rkolsen

Maybe I'll start a thread later about Sky's new cube studio in their new building but here's a quickie.

9. ED2

ED2 Reporter

10. WSVNFan

For those who are wondering about why i>Tele in France has not been rebranded to CNews as of yet, there has apparently been a management strike between management and journalists. This information is according to the French version of Wikipedia which has better details of info and programming on French news networks, including BFM TV, i>Tele, LCI and Franceinfo, than the English versions.

It says that the rebrand to CNews will happen but at a later date. If you look at the planned "CNews" logo, its similar to the other Canal+ logos out there and its to make the name closer to the Canal+ group that still exists in France. They plan to use this logo once the rebrand happens, which is whenever the strike will end.

[​IMG]

11. LTSC1980

LTSC1980 Primary Anchor

12. Eat News

Eat News Station Group CEO

Well that sucks!

I'm very saddened to learn of the demise of Fishing With Gussy.

CJBN was a fine station and had many loyal viewers. It will be missed.

13. compubit

compubit Primary Anchor

All 3 are deeply saddened...

Eat News likes this.
  14. WSVNFan

After the acquisition of UTV Ireland by TV3 and Virgin Media for €10 million, UTV Ireland is expected to become female-orienated "be3" on Monday the 9th of January.

Also, a new "news hub" will debut called 3 News Ireland. That will launch on the same day and I'm not sure what that will mean, but apparently it will be for all three channels (TV3, 3e and be3) and it may mean more news but again, I'm not sure.

15. plnewsfan

plnewsfan Health Reporter

Relanuch alert from China: CCTV 9 Documentary, CCTV News have relanuched as CGTN Documentary and CGTN:

#15 plnewsfan, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  16. WSVNFan

After 11 years of having a circular theme, BBC One replaces those idents with new idents that resemble "oneness." Still no globe and I guess the globe look that the circular themes had is now gone.

a516digital has more on the story.

17. WSVNFan

A new year and a new (and shorter) open for TVA Nouvelles:

Recorded from CFTM-DT, TVA's flagship station in Montreal. "Direct" and some fonts are changed as well as open, of course, but the rest is still the same.

18. Charles

Charles News Director

According to CNN Commentary, CNNI's European mid-morning business show, CNN Money View with Nina Dos Santos, has been cancelled. A simulcast of New Day has been running in its place. CNN Commentary says it's only temporary. I really hope it is, as CNNI's offerings recently are starting to feel pretty slim with so much domestic content on it recently.

https://cnncommentary.com/2017/01/10/cnn-cancels-nina-dos-santos-show/

19. rkolsen

No comment.

20. Charles

Charles News Director

More CNNI business movements:

Starting tomorrow, CNN Money with Maggie Lake will broadcast from the NYSE.

Richard Quest gets a new show, "Quest Express," which will also come from the NYSE. This is in addition to Quest Means Business, which (as far as I can tell) will continue to come from the New Day studio later in the day.

Elder statesman of the Hong Kong bureau Andrew Stevens has left CNN. He had been at CNN for 18 years. His most recent title was CNN Money's Asia Pacific editor, though at the Hong Kong bureau's height, he was co-anchor of World News Asia, among other flagship CNN Asia shows. In the last few years, Hong Kong has been drastically reduced to being on air for only 45 minutes a day.

https://cnncommentary.com/2017/01/26/cnn-to-debut-new-show-at-new-york-stock-exchange/