1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy Graphics Knockoff Batman!!

Discussion in 'Graphics' started by ABC 7 Denver, Mar 10, 2014.

1. JCB4TV

JCB4TV Primary Anchor

Correct me if I'm worng, but doesn't WRDE outsource its newscasts to INN?

2. Big Country News

Big Country News The Spirit of Texas

It does.

3. Raymie

Raymie Station Group CEO

Now that we have KSNT (though with painfully wrong music), so begins the search for one of my holy grails: the rest of the Hatch look of the mid-80s, with Welch graphics and set and potentially Peters music. Where shall I find it first, Salt Lake City or Wichita?

4. Info Junkie

Info Junkie Managing Editor

The problem with Wichita is that the eras are scattered - KAKE has plenty from the 80s while KWCH has plenty from the 90s. As for KSNW, it’s the same as KAKE, yet the annoying part is that their 1986 newscast has no music on the open.

KUTV of course has nothing at all, typical Salt Lake City. Peters, I think, wasn’t responsible for their mid 80s theme, but KUTV’s 1979 theme sounds a bit more like their work.

5. Raymie

Raymie Station Group CEO

Finally realized this one...

Spectrum27 and CaptainNews like this.
  6. kfc513

kfc513 Assignment Editor

Hate to bump this thread, but what was that graphics company in question? And what was their website?

7. Raymie

Raymie Station Group CEO

It was Electronic Graphics and Design of Dallas (which I know did WVIT). Not much exists of them these days even in print materials.

And this video has a couple examples; WEAR being ripped off by WTVY (both in this video) and WJHG thinking it's in Baltimore...

kfc513 and onthesea like this.
  8. Herb Tarlek

Herb Tarlek Assignment Editor

Raymie,

I would love to have some of the old WTVY footage you shared. WTVY has lost a lot of the historical files for some reason.John Williams passed away in 2011 and I know his family would love to see more. Thanks again for sharing.

9. Raymie

Raymie Station Group CEO

You would be better served contacting @compubit who uploaded the original clip. He may not have much.

10. HoosierNewsie

HoosierNewsie AM Anchor

WTAP mocking the package NBC O&O's used before Look F.

11. RGSJenkins

RGSJenkins Managing Editor

KOB now has CNN L3's minus the motion.

12. NewsStar2

NewsStar2 Weekend Anchor

Not to go too far off tangent, but what's more annoying is the only other stuff that that I have from KSNW from that period is on a tape that rewound off the reel and I just haven't had a moment to get it fixed. It's most of the same elements that have been uploaded, in either SP or LP quality. Not too much new, but still, it's more than was there before.

For me, the big one I'm trying to track down is KWCH's "The Look of a Leader" era stuff, especially when it comes to newscasts and similar shows. The few things I have uploaded on YouTube are all that I have so far so I'm not sure if some of the stuff I've heard on other tapes I have is part of it or is just production music.