1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Registration and sign in using a Twitter, Facebook, or Google account is temporarily unavailable. Please see this post for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Morning America

Discussion in 'Network News' started by Eyewitness News-man, Dec 27, 2013.

1. cna247

cna247 Newsroom Intern

It's also hard to take seriously someone who is OBSESSED with WLS's personalities, even the old retired ones.

2. ColDayNews

ColDayNews Managing Editor

What happened to the old living room set with the American flag above the fireplace? It was constructed when they moved to Times Square from uptown. IMO they should have kept it and modernized it, even when they moved downstairs.

3. Breaking News

Breaking News News Director

GMA was always my morning show to watch, but it has turn into clown show and the same can be said with Today Show as well too. It all about $$$ folks. However, I like Robin and George, and Michael he's great at football. However, he should always do features, lighthearted stories. Also, Amy and Ginger are good people in my book. However, that Laura Spencer she an overkill with her syrupy, aww shucks annoyance. She just too much, with her syrupy-ness, and when did they bring in tables for the audience to sit in the studio? It like a nightclub at 8am and all there missing is a chandelier so Rob, or whoever can come flying in from outside Time Square.

I hate to say this, because CBS News has always skewed to an older audience, but CBS This Morning, does "Real News" well, and the three that are there do really well, and there no stunts at CBS vs. NBC & ABC. I just can't see myself watching CBS too much all the time. I had to take a break with Mika & Joe over at MSNBC, because Joe has to have the final say. I've been watching Chris & Alisyn New Day over at CNN. Not too bad, and Chris finally got to get the lime light he wanted, too bad it wasn't at ABC.

MyNewsArchive likes this.
  4. 24994J

24994J Chief Meteorologist

They've had the 8am audience for a couple of years now. As for the old flag (most memorable to me as being there at the beginning of the 9/11 breaking news), that set was redone for HD in 2005. With that, a new wooden flag was mounted behind the secondary anchor desk, but that backdrop was completely redone when Diane and Robin shifted away from the window in 2007.

[​IMG]

I mentioned it way earlier in this thread, with this exact picture, but *THIS* was peak GMA.

*(November 2005-June 2006) Gibson, Sawyer, Roberts, HD, graphics, that set. The best combo of all factors on the show in my lifetime.

Greggo, mark, MikePulse and 3 others like this.
  5. MorningNews

MorningNews News Director

Definitely agree - Diane, Charlie, Robin and Tony on weather was the greatest period for this show. The content was fresh and captivating. The team was genuinely one of the most natural and best to have ever done morning television.

MikePulse, Breaking News and Que like this.
  6. MorningNews

For the first time in years that I can remember, Good Morning America did not broadcast the entire show from Hollywood this morning following last night’s Oscars.

7. 24994J

Another thing that I believe is a first. I can't recall any time during his tenure where someone has formally filled in for Michael, instead of opting for just George and Robin as a duo.

bandicam 2018-03-08 10-56-34-004.png

8. wabceyewitness

wabceyewitness Managing Editor

That should be the trio that opens the show every morning.

mountainave likes this.
  9. nydem2015

nydem2015 AM Anchor

Amy officially filled in for Michael? Did she also do the news?

10. 24994J

I don't know, I only really saw the beginning, but she did do a VO during the open, so she was an active third anchor.

11. newsanchor26

newsanchor26 Weekend Anchor

If I didn't know any better I'd venture to guess execs are testing out a new trio. I think it's apparent to everyone who watches Michael just doesn't work in this format, and even though they've tried him on serious interviews, he just doesn't have the chops for it, and doesn't clash well most of the time. Idk maybe a broad assertion but the fact that this is the first time anyone has filled in for Michael instead of just Robin and George indicates they're trying new things over at the Alphabet network.

wabceyewitness and MorningNews like this.
  12. nydem2015

nydem2015 AM Anchor

Perhaps we will soon see Amy as a official co-anchor?

Daybreak likes this.
  13. MorningNews

I’d love to read this as them phasing Michael out and ending the experiment. But I think it almost just means Michael is officially at Robin and George’s level and acknowledging that their format is now a three anchor show.

I was really supportive of the Michael decision at first but man was I wrong.

14. 24994J

Robin and Michael were both off this morning, so Amy was once again in his chair while Ceclia Vega sat in the center. Personally, I think the remaining regular anchor (George in this situation) should be seated in the middle, but that's just me.

bandicam 2018-03-09 22-30-02-568.png

JacobC likes this.
  15. wabceyewitness

I hope that’s the case! I will say he’s good at the 8am hour when it’s lighter and he can play off the audience and he’s also good at lifestyle/sports/celebrity interviews. But at 7am, sorry, I don’t want to see Michael Strahan interviewing the former NYPD commissioner about a terrorist incident or talking about Washington politics and California mudslides.

MorningNews likes this.
  16. wabceyewitness

Agreed... but somewhere there’s a consultant telling them leave the anchor in his/her usual seat, the viewers will be confused if they’re sitting elsewhere...

17. mountainave

mountainave Managing Editor

And another consultant telling them that if they move George to the middle, they'll give the appearance that women aren't important.

18. mountainave

mountainave Managing Editor

When Robin is out these days, how often does Amy fill in for her vs. Cecilia (or another substitute) coming in for Robin while Amy remains in her normal role?

I have to assume Amy would want to be sitting in for Robin on those days, with Cecilia sitting in for Amy. It's strange that this isn't what seems to be happening. Unless Amy was out, too.

19. USNewsie

USNewsie AM Anchor

To be honest, I haven't seen her fill in that much. Cecilia and Paula are filling in more frequently than before.

20. MorningNews

I’ve been wondering this same thing because almost every time I tune in Paula is filling in for Robin instead of Amy. However, almost every time including this week, I check social media and Amy is also on some foreign island enjoying vacation.

I wish Amy was utilized more as she should be Robin’s replacement one day but I’m just really glad they’re not sticking Lara in the big chair.