End of an Era: FOX News Channel Dropping Its Spinning Logo Cube

Discussion in 'US Cable News' started by Big Country News, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Raymie

Raymie Station Group CEO

Since you mentioned it, that CSD died in August from injuries he sustained in a car accident.

2. Eat News

Eat News Station Group CEO

Everyone at CNN and MTV knew that going back to the 80's when the tube projection screens would burn in. To this day there are still old 4:3 tube monitors with the old CNN bug burned it in use in Atlanta.

The old CNN engineers always had a few tainted tubes stashed at home for "friends" and co-workers.

3. Myron Falwell

Myron Falwell Director of Graphic Blandishment and Chroma Cues

Holy crap! I did not know that. -_-

4. Chicago's Very Own

Chicago's Very Own AM Anchor

Lol, in that case, at least Fox News was courteous enough to try to avoid that. Though surely their logo burning into people's screens would be the ultimate form of advertising. Every time you change the channel, you'd never forget Fox News!

Spectrum27 and Eat News like this.
  5. Geoffrey

Geoffrey Managing Editor

I like the way they seriously modernized and cleaned up the Fox News look while also keeping it very familiar.

Everything is still positioned pretty much where it was before the change. The "channel" in the logo still says "LIVE" and the time. The show title is still below the rest of the lower-third. But it all just looks cleaner. I feel like they wanted to go more like Sky News and borrowed some elements from CBS This Morning, especially near the ticker.

If it were up to me, I'd move the clock below the bug as part of the ticker and let the "channel" and "LIVE" section remain part of the bug. (I don't like how the "live" isn't always on the screen when it's live.)

Fox News always seemed to have a very amateur and cartoonish look. It's not a surprise that a longtime Fox Business artist finally matured the Fox News look.

6. Georgie56

Georgie56 News Director

Fox News Sunday has adapted to FNC's new look as well. Same graphics, though.

20170917_095309.jpg