CSN Philly taking over NBC10 Sports duties

Discussion in 'Philadelphia News' started by PhillyWatch, Nov 18, 2013.

1. A3N

A3N LIVE

Interesting. The FSN's have seen cuts in the last few months as well. This time around, FS San Diego will broadcast a few more Spring Training games than in previous years, but they will be simulcast from FS West. So in a way, they're cutting back on a few games- since they won't be producing them.

2. Bars-n-tone

Bars-n-tone Weekend Anchor

They are the rights holder for Flyers, Phillies and Sixers, and provide heavy coverage for Eagles and Union. I'd say CSN Philly's team-saturation is higher than their sister stations.

3. 24994J

24994J Chief Meteorologist

I mean, I don't know if you're comparing to east coast sports stations alone, or all the CSN networks nationwide, but CSN Chicago has the majority rights to both the White Sox and Cubs, the Bulls, Blackhawks, and Fire (MLS), in addition to a couple of in-house NFL/Bears programs each week. Point being, I'm not sure how you think CSN Philly is any more important or special than their "sister stations", and that they somehow "cover" more than their counterparts. Cuts are being made group-wide, so while some might be hurt more than others, Philadelphia's network is merely going to be treated like the other CSN's. No better, no worse, and there isn't really anything wrong with that.

4. PAnderson1

PAnderson1 AM Anchor

Maybe because CSN Philly was the first CSN. That doesn't really affect the treatment, but maybe that's where he's coming from.

5. Sam Horn

Sam Horn Managing Editor

Eh... CSN MA has rights to the Wizards, Capitals, and Mystics, is the official cable partner of the Redskins, had the rights to the United until last year, and otherwise covers the Nationals, Orioles, and Ravens. None of this includes the collegiate coverage on the channel.

But aside from that, to 24994J's point, CSN Chicago has them beat. Even more than that, if you combine CSN Bay Area and CSN California, they have the rights to nearly every team in northern California. So they'd probably be the biggest CSN operation by your metrics, right?

6. Bars-n-tone

Bars-n-tone Weekend Anchor

I'll concede the point.