CSN Philly taking over NBC10 Sports duties

Discussion in 'Philadelphia News' started by PhillyWatch, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Bars-n-tone

Bars-n-tone Weekend Anchor

Ok, 12. Still not worth the trouble. It's already a Comcast branded game on a Comcast channel. Why put in more work? Trust me, it's difficult to get those changes accomplished within Comcast. Not impossible, but difficult. What is the benefit of putting 10's logo on there? Hell, they don't even give TCN's logo a showing.

2. WCAUTVNBC10

WCAUTVNBC10 Troglodyte Homunculus

Oh you don't have to tell me how much of pain modding big 3D animations is. It's what I do for a living. It's also why it bothers me lol :p

3. SF1964

SF1964 AM Anchor

4. SF1964

SF1964 AM Anchor

5. WCAUTVNBC10

They've also reduced SportsNet Central to a mere 15 min show on a 4 hour loop in the morning. The 10PM show is no more which is probably why they felt Ron was expendable.

Also SNC is now originating from the Philly Sports Talk set. I hope they plan on doing something with the now almost 10 year old news & panel show sets.

6. Bars-n-tone

SNC will not always originate from the talk set. It will depend on the night and studio trafficking. The sets will not be updated until a new studio space is built. CSN Mid-Atlantic has the refreshed version of the news set already. Same structure, newer monitors, colors changed to blue & gray.

7. SF1964

SF1964 AM Anchor

8. scranton

scranton Honestly doesn't care.

Looks like CSN Philly is headed towards its undoing quickly.

9. A3N

A3N LIVE

It looks like they're going for the FSN M.O.... Very little Live programming outside of Sports, with a heavy emphasis on taped and cheap programming.

10. SF1964

SF1964 AM Anchor

Pretty soon it will just be infomercials for 1/2 the day and Michael Barkann talking Eagles for the rest of the day.

11. scranton

scranton Honestly doesn't care.

And this is why FSN has largely become dogshit. Although, I'm pretty sure that Howard Eskin wouldn't charge a whole lot to have a multi-hour call-in show where he gets to shout "you're a dope" at every caller. Hey, there's an idea...

12. A3N

A3N LIVE

I think FOX and NBC realized that they could still get top dollar for their RSN's without having to invest too much in ancillary programming. As long as the ratings/revenues are good for the live sports events, everything else is whatever to them. Why spend more money than you have to?

13. Bars-n-tone

All of the CSNs are undergoing the same issues. Philly actually covers the most teams out of all of them, and they are still having problems. They are trying to reach a younger audience, be more social, and copy SportsCenter. The execution is very haphazard. Also, huge budget cuts have been mandated.

It already IS this.

14. WCAUTVNBC10

If Breakfast on Broad and The 700 Level Show are their best attempts then they're in a lot of trouble.

15. Sam Horn

Sam Horn Managing Editor

Well, what do you mean by "covers?" CSN Mid-Atlantic does double duty between DC and Baltimore, so they'd be covering more teams than Philly albeit with less live sports.

Regardless, I think CSN Philly was the only one really running like a full on network. The others all seem to have been gutted regional sports channels from the start. Philly is just catching up.

Wasn't BoB on TCN? That mess where TCN became CSNPhilly2 didn't help anything.

16. rkolsen

rkolsen A Member of Sinclair Broadcast Group

Is there a possibility where they'd simulcast a radio show? CAN Mid Atlantic simulcasts DC's 106.7 The Fan's radio show.

17. Sam Horn

Sam Horn Managing Editor

The sports radio landscape in Philadelphia is one that Comcast probably wants to stay out of.

mrschimpf likes this.
  18. WCAUTVNBC10

Yeeeeeeeah to say both stations are cesspools is insulting to cesspools.

19. A3N

A3N LIVE

Have they (or are they planning to) cut back on the Spring Training telecasts? Because if they're cutting left and right, i'd imagine that the telecasts would be one place they would try and save money.

20. WCAUTVNBC10

Nope. They're showing 17 games between their two networks. Most of the games they carry are home games so it doesn't cost as much to broadcast.