1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Registration and sign in using a Twitter, Facebook, or Google account is temporarily unavailable. Please see this post for details.
    Dismiss Notice

2018 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sport Center' started by Viper550, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Spring Rubber

Spring Rubber AM Anchor

The only thing they seem to be doing differently from their Sunday games is the "special graphics". If you watch their Sunday broadcasts, you see a lot of 3D graphics used for game intros, highlights, and full screen graphics. Instead of using those 3D graphics, they're using special, flatter graphics for TNF.

I've even seen some of those special graphics using bold and italic text similar to ESPN. Is that the newest craze?

2. Georgie56

Georgie56 Happy Warrior

3. JCB4TV

JCB4TV Primary Anchor

In OKC, KWTV will show the Browns' next 2 games, Ravens & Chargers, featuring Baker Mayfield!

Meanwhile, KOKH had to address the reason why they had to show the Cowboys and not the Browns in Week 4.

4. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

Apparently, BBC only allocated one hour on BBC Two to actually show the London game today, pre-empting the rest to Red Button just to show a rerun of a wildlife documentary

On a related note, the BBC's current sports graphics actually remind me of Fox's a bit. Apparently BBC did run its own scoreboard during one of the London games (built like its soccer one), but I think it was glitchy and they've used the host feed ever since.

5. TheFizzle21

TheFizzle21 Assignment Editor

Currently watching Ravens-Steelers and I've noticed their lineup graphics on CBS are now constricted to a scoreboard attachment with names only (much like Fox). Not sure if it's been like this since the start of the season, but this is a far cry from in the past where lineups had its own fully fledged graphics.

6. Spring Rubber

Spring Rubber AM Anchor

I'm not a fan. This has been an increasing trend in NFL broadcasting. Full screen intro for the quarterback while everyone else on the field is reduced to an afterthought while they continue talking about the quarterback.

7. TheFizzle21

TheFizzle21 Assignment Editor

It really sucks because this is a definite result of how the league has changed as far as favoring offensive play, especially that at QB far more than any other position. At the very least, NBC still does it the right way (and the best way) with their lineup presentations.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    On another note, any clue as to why Nantz & Romo did not call a game for CBS this week? I checked in with a sports media news site this week and the top-dog crew was not listed.

#67 TheFizzle21, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  8. Spring Rubber

Spring Rubber AM Anchor

I was surprised to see that, too. I think with it being a week of mediocre matchups for CBS and it being a singleheader weekend, they felt it was a great halfway point to give their A crew a weekend off, especially since they'll be calling the Super Bowl this year.

Also on the topic of showing starting lineups, remember back around 2012 and 2013 when Fox stopped showing the full lineups and opted to only show like the top 4 players on each team. That was a HUGE slap in the face to the rest of the players. Glad Fox realized how bad that was.

TheFizzle21 likes this.
  9. Georgie56

Georgie56 Happy Warrior

10. CircleSeven

CircleSeven Midnight Presenter
    Forum Moderator

11. Georgie56

Georgie56 Happy Warrior

I know, but they are still using Fox production and graphics. I find it interesting that they are still using Tirico after the NBC/NFLN deal ended.

Northerner likes this.
  12. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

The MNF game in Mexico City has been cancelled and moved back to Los Angeles.

The stadium it was supposed to be at looked like this a few days ago, and they weren't able to repair it all in time.