1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Registration and sign in using a Twitter, Facebook, or Google account is temporarily unavailable. Please see this post for details.
    Dismiss Notice

2017-18 NHL season

Discussion in 'Sport Center' started by Viper550, Sep 17, 2017.

1. JCB4TV

JCB4TV Primary Anchor

Devils-Lightning game on NHL Network is using the feed from Fox Sports Sun.
    Blue Jackets-Capitals on USA is using the feed from NBC Sports Washington

#21 JCB4TV, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  2. Northerner

Northerner Bureau Chief

Devils-Lightning on Sportsnet is also using the Fox Sports feed and have sourced their Blue Jackets/Caps game feed from USA Network (so, we're also getting NBC Sports Washington) for 360.
    nbcswonusaonsn360.jpg
    Yesterday they produced their own coverage of Flyers/Pens and Kings/Golden Knights for CBC. Sportsnet is airing the Minnesota/Winnipeg series in it's entirely (using its own feed) while CBC is airing the Leafs/Bruins (I assure you it's not a NESN/NBC feed).

3. NCFLMedia

NCFLMedia Station Group CEO

I don't have access to NHL Network where NJD and TB are playing, yet, I do have FOX Sports Sun and they're carrying it.

So I do have access to all five games tonight (two on USA, two on NBCSN and one on FOX Sports Sun).

4. JCB4TV

JCB4TV Primary Anchor

The Sharks-Ducks game on USA is the feed from NBC Sports California. Here in the USA, 7 of the 8 Game One's have been produced by NBC in some complicity with only the Devils-Lightning being produced by MSG+ (NJD) & Fox Sports Sun (TBL). I leads me to wonder whether we'll see a Sportsnet telecast on NBCU at any point in the first round as in previous years.

5. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

One wonders why they didn't use this bug instead

6. mrschimpf

mrschimpf News Director

If you're dealing with any media with a 50+ majority audience you don't want to anger them into Facebook ranting your page about 'why is there hockey on the Golf Channel?!' (aka every soap opera ever when news breaks in). Best to just neutralize it the best you can and hope the experiment goes well. Or they didn't bother to put a Golf bug in the graphics machine to be in that position.

7. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

Makes sense, though I was joking more about the "Live/Playoff" part

They did slip in a GolfNow VIP promo, though.

8. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

It's not strictly NHL, but it's pretty much the NIT for North American hockey players until there's no Canadian teams left in the Stanley Cup Playoffs: the IIHF World Championships began today, and they got a well-needed graphics overhaul this year.

A lot simpler-looking but still with European flair. The old graphics looked very fancy and distinct, but also became dated very quickly.

9. WCAUTVNBC10

WCAUTVNBC10 Troglodyte Homunculus

Those are nice. I would have preferred the scorebar to be placed in the corner but that's my only nitpick.

10. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

The previous graphics had a similar scoreboard layout, but the overall style seemed to scream American Gladiators revival more than hockey with the late-2000's/early 2010's "gotta have skeumorphism cause we're HD now" look that's going out of style.

11. WCAUTVNBC10

WCAUTVNBC10 Troglodyte Homunculus

Yeah it reminded me of NHL Network's last look before MLBAM took over production of the network.