Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Forums

1. TVNewsTalk.net

1. General Messages from TVNewsTalk.net

Catch up on the latest news about the forum and brush up on the guidelines. A "must read" for any new member.

All the news fit to put on the front page.

1. General TV

More people read General TV than all the other Local TV boards combined. Thank you for making General TV Number One.

The place to discuss news from New York City.

This is the place to chat about news from L.A.

You can chat about news from the "Windy City" here.

Here's where you can chat about news from Philly.

1. Network News

From ABC to FOX.

Chat here about news networks from around the world.

Talk here about cable news channels offered in the U.S.

1. Graphics

Talk here about news opens and other graphics used on the air.

Discuss news music used on news stations around the U.S. and the world here and the voices behind the opens and promos.

Chat here about the designs of newsrooms, sets, and other studios.

Classic video links, uploads and discussion.

1. Radio Broadcasting

Talk about anything and everything related to radio broadcasting here!

The hip new thing. Discuss how old media uses new media here.

1. 2,652

Just who is Galileo? Did Earthwatch blow it again? From AccuWeather to Super Dopplers, all your weather-type babble goes here!

Discuss and ask questions about anything from DTV tuners to video switchers here.

Make requests and offers regarding newscast airchecks here.

• I'm talking about proof from credible and verifiiable sources. Not from Wiki. You can't always believe what's posted on that site and take it as gospel.   But again, we'll wait until Nexstar post the amended paperwork.  
    • I recently saw an unnamed graphics company reel done by The ID Junkie and it has given me an idea...to ask people to identify if these graphics or newscast logos are from a company. To start, I have a WTVK news ad from 1988. This was the year WTVK and WBIR switched affiliations (WTVK to CBS and WBIR to NBC). But that same year, WKXT signed on the air at channel 8, but as seen in the photo, WKXT would use that set for their newscasts.

So, my question is this: Was WTVK's newscast logo a TVbD work or another company's work? 
    • Don't forget "In a world..." Don LaFontaine
    • I know there is a lot of Milwaukee people here but I don't know if this is a interest to alot. This is a article from probably the 1950's about WTMJ's color programming and studios. WTMJ was one of the first stations to produce/air programs in color https://visions4netjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/journal/WTMJ-TV-PDF-part-one.pdf  On page 52 you can see the buildings floor plan from the 50's, there were 2 additions both on the west side of the building or to the left of the picture since then. Some of Studio A is now the weather center, studio C is now studios for radio and everything to the right of that is for radio except for studio D. Parts of studio B was one time used for PAX 55.   And here is tour of the Journal Newspaper building in downtown and Radio City Building from the same time period. https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Station-Promos/Milwaukee-Journal-WTMJ-Tour.pdf
    • I don't know how it is for Tribune or Nexstar but for most companies retrans fees are a lot lower for CW affiliates than for a "big 4". Usually its a set price for "Big 4" then a lower set price for CW's, My Net's and independents. One broadcaster that I've seen is getting at least 7 times as much for retrans for its big 4 networks than for its CW affiliates.    Nexstar was estimating that they would get a billion for all of the spinoffs. So far they're at 1.3 billion and they still have to sell off stations in Indianapolis. Maybe Apollo thought it wasn't worth buying anything at that price point?
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.