KLKN, KCAU, branding changes

StormTrack8000

Finally, after the September 11th branding change at WOI-TV in Des Moines, a couple of their sister stations have also changed to the same branding. I did noticed that this time..not everything is the same.

WOI's brand name is ABC5...but klkntv.com and kcautv.com kept the Eyewitness news branding.

The Website are also just a tad different..but have the same logo (circle logo, with blue background, and bold circle around it)

Also.. I noticed on the video that KLKN nor KCAU changed their sets like WOI-TV did.

Now, all that is left for the Capitol Communications stations to change is my station , WHBF-TV in the Davenport Market. They were one of the Stephen Arnold stations where they dropped music, and got a new package...but I hope they do pick up at leaste one of the packages that WOI has (which they use 2- News Series 2000 plus, and Eyewitness news I belive) It sounds like (from the very little video posted on the klkn/kcau website) that they have picked up new music too (probably one of the themes WOI uses)

As for WHBF... they said they have been considering changes...but are not returning eMails. So only time can tell

Actually, it's Citadel, not Capital.

Actually In Des Moines its Capital Communications CO. Inc or whatever the hell its called the reason is because of Citadel Radio Group stationed in the metro. Anywho. Intersting that WHBF hasn't been touched yet, they must of ran out of money. Also interesting to see that KLKN stuck with Eyewitness News. Back to WOI, I am still insanly disappointed at the revamp (or should I say lack there of) of the set. I do like the blue walls on the side shots for the anchors, but what in God's Hell is that picture of Des Moines, its so OLD, what money ran out so we couldn't get an updated shot of the city? The night shot is even worse!

Actually In Des Moines its Capital Communications CO. Inc or whatever the hell its called the reason is because of Citadel Radio Group stationed in the metro. Anywho. Intersting that WHBF hasn't been touched yet, they must of ran out of money. Also interesting to see that KLKN stuck with Eyewitness News. Back to WOI, I am still insanly disappointed at the revamp (or should I say lack there of) of the set. I do like the blue walls on the side shots for the anchors, but what in God's Hell is that picture of Des Moines, its so OLD, what money ran out so we couldn't get an updated shot of the city? The night shot is even worse!

this happened with KTUU's new set a few years ago, the company that does it, or in WOI's case, the refresh, they dont actually take a picture of the city, when DDG did KTUU's set they just went online and got a picture of the Anchorage skyline that was about 10 years old, it is missing a couple of new buildings, mainly the 20 story marriot hotel, square in the middle of downtown, so i imagine thats what happened at WOI

this happened with KTUU's new set a few years ago, the company that does it, or in WOI's case, the refresh, they dont actually take a picture of the city, when DDG did KTUU's set they just went online and got a picture of the Anchorage skyline that was about 10 years old, it is missing a couple of new buildings, mainly the 20 story marriot hotel, square in the middle of downtown, so i imagine thats what happened at WOI

I've taken a hell of a lot better pictures of the city than the crap they are using. The daytime shot I'm convinced is from at least the mid 90s. A lot of the buildings downtown have been updated, the federal building comes to mind. Not to mention that there is this new thing along I-235 called the WELLS FARGO ARENA. COME ON!

• 5 weeks later...

WHBF has FINALLY changed. Just as I suspected the change would be too.

Last night.. I went to their website to check in on the weather..and in the corner of my eye.. it said.. The Lates Weather from the CBS 4 Weather Center...I knew a change was coming..no logo changes..so a little later..I went back...and little by little they started changing logos on the site.

This morning I wake up..and the Early Show update comes on..and they got their new logo and graphics... a bit different from WOI, KLKN and KCAU (at leaste the lower 3rds) they added some orange to it. looks good.. I hate the positioning of the text on the lower 3rds..but its ok.

They also renamed their website CBS4QC.com.... and have not changed it yet.

Still the same faux monitor wall... but the usualy tv screen set used for special reports and sports was not used last night.instead the chroma key and main set were used.

Archived