Bob Kelly out at CBS3

PhillyWatch

He apparently announced it on his Facebook page this morning, but I learned of it on twitter, seeing Mike Jerrick replying to curious tweeters wondering if Kelly was heading to 4th and Market. Bob is at Sue Serio-level morning TV recognition here, and 29 does happen to be freshly out of a morning traffic reporter...

Regardless, best to Bob. :party:

Well, this is surprising.

Every time I watch KYW in the morning, I just love Bob's energy and eccentricity when he does traffic. And he's been there so long. It's also so surprising that he does it during the evening too, and doesn't slow down at all. And he can be serious without losing some upbeat behavior when the situation calls for it. I love that about him.

Now he's leaving...so abruptly. I will miss him at 3 a lot.

Probably the most recognizable traffic personality in Philly. I really hope he remains in the market in some way. Isn't he one of the first traffic reporters in the market to do traffic reports in the studio and sat with the anchors at the desk?

KYW seems to be in shambles with ratings and key talent leaving. Should a management shakeup be in order?

They've had the same upper management more or less since their rebirth in 2003. They seem to think what worked for them then still works today. Also it doesn't help when NY meddles with them at every wake and turn.

KYW seems to be in shambles with ratings and key talent leaving. Should a management shakeup be in order?

I think that CBS brass needs to fire some people at CBS 3 and start form scratch.

They've had the same upper management more or less since their rebirth in 2003. They seem to think what worked for them then still works today. Also it doesn't help when NY meddles with them at every wake and turn.

They've changed General Managers (twice), Station Managers, assistant news directors and Creative Services directors since then. The only constant in management has been the News Director.

It's amazing how CBS3 can't keep talent. Jenn Bernstein also recently leaft to go back to the local fox in New Haven, Connecticut. Thats voluntarily (as far as I know) going market 4 to market 30.

Anyway Kelly will probably goto fox as already mentioned.

It's amazing how CBS3 can't keep talent. Jenn Bernstein also recently leaft to go back to the local fox in New Haven, Connecticut. Thats voluntarily (as far as I know) going market 4 to market 30.

CBS 3 is truly on the ropes, if they don't make changes for the better and bring in new and better talent, CBS might end news operations at the station.

Archived