Ken Cook retiring from FOX 5 Atlanta

Hickman360

Ken Cook has truly been an outstanding meteorologist and member of the Atlanta broadcasting community. While it is sad to see him go, I wish him well in his retirement; after 35 years, he deserves it.

Another member of Atlanta's television "old guard" retires; first it was Chuck Dowdle (2009), then John Pruitt (2010 in an official newscast capacity,) then Monica Pearson (2012), Amanda Davis (2013), and now Ken Cook (2014). Glenn Burns has been at WSB since 1981, but I expect him to retire in the next three years or so. With all of this change in this market, it will be interesting to see how the market develops over the coming years, and yes, that includes WGCL.

Ken Cook has truly been an outstanding meteorologist and member of the Atlanta broadcasting community. While it is sad to see him go, I wish him well in his retirement; after 35 years, he deserves it.

Another member of Atlanta's television "old guard" retires; first it was Chuck Dowdle (2009), then John Pruitt (2010 in an official newscast capacity,) then Monica Pearson (2012), Amanda Davis (2013), and now Ken Cook (2014). Glenn Burns has been at WSB since 1981, but I expect him to retire in the next three years or so. With all of this change in this market, it will be interesting to see how the market develops over the coming years, and yes, that includes WGCL.

Don't forget Jill Becker retired in (2011) and yes the many icons of Atlanta television news are retiring. However there still some on the airwaves. However those that didn't get to say good-bye was Pam Martin from WAGA & WSB.

• 1 year later...

Archived