fan of la tv

• Last visited

• Days Won

fan of la tv last won the day on November 17 2022

fan of la tv had the most liked content!

About fan of la tv

• Birthday 08/07/1978

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

fan of la tv's Achievements

Primary Anchor

Primary Anchor (5/8)

1. Got it. I don't watch KNBC at those times so I didn't realize they split it which is why I was confused about the statement. I know KTLA does the same for its midday newscasts.
  2. I'm confused by their press release. Is there two meteorologists at 3 p.m.? This is what the release says: "Weekdays at 3 p.m., Sedano will anchor NBC4 News kicking off the station's afternoon news block alongside Meteorologists Shanna Mendiola and Stephanie Olmo."
  3. Agree with the others on the 2-shot anchor shot. I'm sure down the line they might make some tweaks to it to improve that shot.
  4. Couple of screenshots from my tv (excuse the quality) showing some different angles of the set. Seems that Sports Final has a different background graphic on the monitors.\\
  5. Thanks for the info. I thought I read somewhere she had left entirely.
  6. I guess Courtney Friel is still with the station in some capacity. Her bio is still on the website and she was filling in for Lu Parker today (Tuesday) for the 11, 12, and 1 newscasts. Also assuming 3pm.
  7. When they announced they were going onto a temporary set they said it would be 6 weeks. The end of this week is 6 weeks. If everything ran on schedule, it could debut by next week. However, it seems construction always runs a little behind so I wouldn't be surprised if it was still a few weeks out.
  8. Thanks for posting these. I didn't realize how far KABC had fallen. KABC had been especially strong in the 6 a.m. hour . Do you have any numbers for the 7am hour?
  9. I already see that Sandra Mitchell is filling in as anchor for the 10 pm news. Nice to see her behind the desk again.
  10. What I gather from the article is that their back of office/management is probably sloppy compared to how Nexstar runs things. I think KTLA had a lot of autonomy in how management ran the station and probably that was the case at most Tribune stations. Nexstar appears to run a much tighter ship with many corporate policies. My assumption is that KTLA probably has lax policies that Nexstar thinks need to be tightened. KTLA's on-air product isn't the issue as they have solid #1 ratings in almost all of their timeslots. I wouldn't expect a shakeup in talent as its currently stable and is working. The shakeup will come in the form of management.
  11. I'm sure once College Football ends, the news will expand to 5 p.m. on Saturdays. On KABC, when there are no sports premeptions, the evening news is on Sat and Sun from 4 - 5:30 pm and 6 - 6:30 pm.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.