WSFL "Lost" graphics package?

Weeters

I was bored earlier and discovered the Viz Creative Services site which features a few short demos of projects they've worked on. One of the packages (which just so happens to be the blue and yellow graphics used on WITI) is labeled "TRIBUNE", but when you click on it, it changes to "WSFL" with the description of "Motion graphic rebrand of WSFL, independent Florida TV station". This is backed up by the fact the demo graphics feature a CW logo.

I wonder if the package was originally rejected for "The Morning Show"? To make things even odder, this package more than likely was created after Tribune started yanking CW references off it's stations, yet they were created with the CW the logo in the background. The demo also doesn't name any specific stations and instead contains filler text where station branding would go. I wonder if Tribune was looking at getting a station group graphics package?

Hmmmm!

Guest NewsHound
I was bored earlier and discovered the Viz Creative Services site which features a few short demos of projects they've worked on. One of the packages (which just so happens to be the blue and yellow graphics used on WITI) is labeled "TRIBUNE", but when you click on it, it changes to "WSFL" with the description of "Motion graphic rebrand of WSFL, independent Florida TV station". This is backed up by the fact the demo graphics feature a CW logo.

I wonder if the package was originally rejected for "The Morning Show"? To make things even odder, this package more than likely was created after Tribune started yanking CW references off it's stations, yet they were created with the CW the logo in the background. The demo also doesn't name any specific stations and instead contains filler text where station branding would go. I wonder if Tribune was looking at getting a station group graphics package?

Hmmmm!

That is weird. But I assume we probably will never know because of Tribune's erratic behavior.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm!

It just dawned on me but doesn't this look very similar to the graphics WITI uses?

It just dawned on me but doesn't this look very similar to the graphics WITI uses?

It's the same package, WITI just opted to create mismatched L3's and incorporate a lot of stock backgrounds from Digital Juice for some graphics.. I kinda like the original L3's better...

Archived