- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

nbc9houston

nbc9houston

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 164 posts
News 12 Traffic & Weather has these types of reports done by off-camera reporters.

Are there any TV stations who do not have traffic reporters appear on-camera? This does not included off-camera subsitutes for the regular traffic reporters who appear on-camera.
We are Houston

ybYellow

ybYellow

Weekend Anchor

• Members
  • 90 posts
WHDH...
Posted Image

WHDH = "We Haul Dead Haddock"?

NewsJunkie247

NewsJunkie247

News Director

• Members
  • 512 posts
On Fox 5 in New York, Carla Quinn does the traffic on the 5 and 6pm newscasts, but is not seen on camera.

Also, Lynn Bradley from Metro Traffic gives morning traffic reports over the phone on WJAC-TV Channel 6 in Johnstown, PA.

PTVNews

PTVNews

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 222 posts
KATU in the afternoons....

Ntropolis

Ntropolis

News Director

• Forum Contributor
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern NC
The traffic reporters in Wilmington and Myrtle Beach do not appear on-camera, I think they're just people from NCDOT and SCDOT.

SanDiegoSFTV

SanDiegoSFTV

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 278 posts
Since Kimberly King left KNSD, looks like NBC 7/39 made the anchors stop reporting traffic and teamed up with Clear Channel's KOGO-AM News Radio 600's Traffic Reporter Cal Walker.

KNSD has good partnership with KOGO since their morning business financial reports are done from the KOGO Studios with George Chamberlain.

bmasters1

bmasters1

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 190 posts
Jimmy Watt (WYFF traffic reporter) does not appear on camera, if I recall correctly.

"This is Eyewitness News with Joel Daly, Dick Johnson for Fahey Flynn, Dr. Dave Eiser's weather, Al Lerner on sports, and the Eyewitness News team."

(WLS Chicago EWN 6 P.M. opening, April 11, 1983)

sctvhound

sctvhound

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 181 posts
In Charleston, none of the traffic reporters appear on camera, either, as they are all from sister local radio stations: Michael Hart from our country station for WCBD, and Sheree Bernardi, formerly on our soft rock station, on WCSC. Also, Rob Drummond, a local traffic reporter on radio, is on WCIV.

Tyler

Tyler

Managing Editor

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh
Prior to Jim Lokay's arrival at KDKA, their traffic reporter never appeared on camera either.

jestbiteme

jestbiteme

You'll be seeing red.

• Administrators
  • 518 posts

Prior to Jim Lokay's arrival at KDKA, their traffic reporter never appeared on camera either.

Rita Maloney, Kathy Bergren and Trisha Pittman to name a few. I believe they were KDKA radio employees at the time?
My condolences in regard to your lack of personality.

Tyler

Tyler

Managing Editor

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Rita Maloney, Kathy Bergren and Trisha Pittman to name a few. I believe they were KDKA radio employees at the time?

I definitely remember Kathy and Trisha, but for some reason Rita Maloney isn't ringing a bell.

jestbiteme

jestbiteme

You'll be seeing red.

• Administrators
  • 518 posts

I definitely remember Kathy and Trisha, but for some reason Rita Maloney isn't ringing a bell.

This might be as far back as 1992, but I can't remember the exact timeline. I can still hear "Rita Maloney, Triple-A Traffic" in my head, though.

And I misspelled Kathy's name-- needs two Gs. Sorry, Jim. Don't disown me.
My condolences in regard to your lack of personality.

bmasters1

bmasters1

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 190 posts

In Charleston, none of the traffic reporters appear on camera, either, as they are all from sister local radio stations: Michael Hart from our country station for WCBD, and Sheree Bernardi, formerly on our soft rock station, on WCSC. Also, Rob Drummond, a local traffic reporter on radio, is on WCIV.

I didn't know that the traffic reporters in Charleston, SC were from radio stations there. That's a real interesting thing to know, and it is much appreciated that you pointed that out.:awesome:

"This is Eyewitness News with Joel Daly, Dick Johnson for Fahey Flynn, Dr. Dave Eiser's weather, Al Lerner on sports, and the Eyewitness News team."

(WLS Chicago EWN 6 P.M. opening, April 11, 1983)

Tyler

Tyler

Managing Editor

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

This might be as far back as 1992, but I can't remember the exact timeline. I can still hear "Rita Maloney, Triple-A Traffic" in my head, though.

And I misspelled Kathy's name-- needs two Gs. Sorry, Jim. Don't disown me.

That could be why I don't remember her. I was only 1 year old then. And as far as Kathy goes - I still recall hearing "In the KDKA PennDOT Information Center, I'm Kathy Berggren, for Tripple-A."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users