- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

NewsJunkie247

NewsJunkie247

News Director

• Members
  • 512 posts
For a couple of weeks, Darlene Rodriguez filled in on the evening news for Sue Simmons and Erika Tarantal filled in on Today in New York. I have to say...even though I love watching Sue Simmons and her and Chuck are great, I really enjoyed watching Darlene on the evening news and Erika on the morning news. Darlene seemed pretty comfortable with Chuck and Erika and Michael Gargiulo have A LOT of chemistry with each other. I am not hoping that Sue retires any time soon since I think she is one of the best anchors in NY, but when she does, Darlene would be a great choice as her successor. Darlene also seems pretty comfortable with David Ushery, and he has long been considered a successor to Chuck when he retires. There was also an article in the Daily News last week about how there has been buzz around 30 Rock about Darlene being a rising star at the network and how she is being considered as a possible replacement when Sue retires. There was also an article in the paper last month about Erika Tarantal and how network executives have bigger and better plans for her.

DMA

DMA

News Director

• Members
  • 794 posts
The past few days I have loved Chuck and Sue doing the 5, 6, and 11 newscasts. They're really good at 5pm. They've also used some very odd camera shots, which have been interesting. I expect a ratings resurgence for them.

TrfRptr

TrfRptr

Primary Anchor

• Members
  • 262 posts

They've also used some very odd camera shots, which have been interesting. I expect a ratings resurgence for them.

Because of a few odd camera shots? :(
And that's the way it is.

DMA

DMA

News Director

• Members
  • 794 posts
Of course not. I mean the return of both Chuck and Sue at 6 and 11.

jtgh922

jtgh922

Reporter

• Members
  • 79 posts
Here's my lineup for WNBC:
Morning: Erika Tarantal & Michael Gargiulo
5 & 7: Darlene Rodriguez & David Ushery
6 & 11: Chuck & Sue

Any thoughts?

njlady

njlady

AM Anchor

• Members
  • 145 posts
I have been watching Darlene and David this week and they have a great chemistry together!

emmi_18

emmi_18

Reporter

• Members
  • 59 posts
I was browsing through Youtube the other day and I typed WNBC and I was surprised when I saw a clip about bikes, and at the beginning of the clip, there was Chuck and Sue at 5 PM... Plus, I've seen Darlene sub for Sue in the 11 PM newscast, and I agree that she can be Sue's successor. But I wonder who's gonna retire first though, Chuck?, Sue?, or are they both gonna retire at the same time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users