KRON 4's "The Back Story"

FiveNews

Hi Everyone,

I came across KRON 4's "The Back Story" on YouTube and found subsequent episodes on their website at kron4.com. The show is behind the scenes of how KRON 4 puts their newscasts on the air, what reporters go thru on a daily basis etc.

What makes this show interesting is that KRON 4 is in San Francisco, which is market #5 (IIRC). The majority of their reporters are MMJs so they shoot, edit and report. A lot of people hate on KRON and their product, but I like it and think it is something different. I live in Los Angeles so the market size is not that much different. It is amazing how product quality differs from NorCal to SoCal.

I don't think KRON has very many live trucks although there are some shown in the show. Most reporters go live with Dejero or Live U units. The only thing that worries me about this is that since they are one man bands in big cities, they are targets for crime. I know several stations in the Bay Area send guards to their crews when they are in Oakland and the East Bay. Anyway, just wanted to make everyone aware of the show. Check it out, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

-N

Hi Everyone,

I came across KRON 4's "The Back Story" on YouTube and found subsequent episodes on their website at kron4.com. The show is behind the scenes of how KRON 4 puts their newscasts on the air, what reporters go thru on a daily basis etc.

What makes this show interesting is that KRON 4 is in San Francisco, which is market #5 (IIRC). The majority of their reporters are MMJs so they shoot, edit and report. A lot of people hate on KRON and their product, but I like it and think it is something different. I live in Los Angeles so the market size is not that much different. It is amazing how product quality differs from NorCal to SoCal.

I don't think KRON has very many live trucks although there are some shown in the show. Most reporters go live with Dejero or Live U units. The only thing that worries me about this is that since they are one man bands in big cities, they are targets for crime. I know several stations in the Bay Area send guards to their crews when they are in Oakland and the East Bay. Anyway, just wanted to make everyone aware of the show. Check it out, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

-N

Yeah, I like it myself and here a clip for those who want to watch. I found this off youtube, because I really enjoyed it.

Archived