C-SPAN2 will be simulcasting CBC's coverage. That's all the TV time the Canadian election will get in the United States unless you're near the Canadian border and can get Canadian television over-the-air or via cable. The cable news networks will probably have a tiny modicum of coverage here and there.

Sirius Satellite Radio customers can get Canadian election coverage via CBC Radio One (ch. 169) and Ici Radio-Canada Premiere (ch. 170).

If you're a Canadian politics buff in the U.S., but don't have Sirius or C-SPAN2, you'll have to go online:

- CBC and Radio-Canada will both have streams going on their election sites, including looks inside party HQs.

- CBC

without any geoblocking. Radio-Canada will stream on YouTube as well.

- CTV will stream its election coverage on the CTV News website, no TV Everywhere nonsense required.

- Global will stream its election coverage on the Global News website.

- Finally, City will stream its election coverage online, and is taking an...interesting...approach to covering this election.

MSNBC just covered it for about five minutes in the 6:30 half hour. I assume there'll be updates through out the evening.

Out of curiosity was there any embargo from reporting about the election? This could explain why there's been some radio silence today given that the US networks are carried in Canada.

No. The election embargo was scrapped starting with this election. Elections Canada said that social media has made such an embargo totally pointless.

Thanks.

I so love CBC's setup.

The video screens and wall (and one on the floor), are very impressive and cool.

And the floor-plan is bold and amazing. It looks like the set is in another place than a straight-up soundstage.

Its in the atrium of their broadcast center.

Global News is not starting their election coverage on TV until 9pm ET in Eastern Canada. They've already begun the live stream on their website.

In Western Canada, the local Global stations have begun their regular local evening news programming with the national results ticker. The national show follows right after.

capture_20151019_181422.jpg.514a1be88a3cf3dfdeb78b2d6c8e9f98.jpg

EDIT: Their election show has been broadcasting on their website, Global Halifax/New Brunswick, and Global News BC1. You can watch their show on Youtube: http://globalnews.ca/news/2281184/live-coverage-of-the-2015-federal-election/

CityNews worked a Blue Jays ALCS scoreboard into their results graphics. This is something City would do (even in the past). But thenagain, both the channel and the Jays are owned by Rogers.

On the other hand, apparently Sportsnet worked a election update into their normal ticker too.

slTXLCC.jpg

Now, that was an election.

As usual, CBC, CTV and Global did a brilliant job covering the election and relaying the projections. Nothing much to say really; they exceeded my expectations.

I might upload clips on my YT channel soon, including clips from CBC's and Global's coverage.

As always, I thought CBC had the best coverage; they even (sort of) copied ABC's 2012 election set, separating Peter Mansbridge from the rest of the pack.

But it was Global that had the advantage as far as candidates' results were concerned, showing them in both raw votes and percentage.

Based on the clips I've seen on YouTube...I don't know if that was CTV or ESPN/TSN as the massive set/desk looked similar to "Sunday NFL Countdown". Global's on the other hand was minimal, similar to when CBS used the "This Morning" set for last year's mid-terms.

This may be Lisa LaFlamme's (CTV) and Dawna Friesen's (Global) first elections, but they were no match to the one and only PM.

I find it funny that out of all of the election coverage, CTV is the only network that continues to use legacy election terminology (e.g., "upset", "win", among others), plus, publicly projects the official opposition - even though it's obvious second place = official opposition by default.

As always, I thought CBC had the best coverage; they even (sort of) copied ABC's 2012 election set, separating Peter Mansbridge from the rest of the pack.

But it was Global that had the advantage as far as candidates' results were concerned, showing them in both raw votes and percentage.

Based on the clips I've seen on YouTube...I don't know if that was CTV or ESPN/TSN as the massive set/desk looked similar to "Sunday NFL Countdown". Global's on the other hand was minimal, similar to when CBS used the "This Morning" set for last year's mid-terms.

This may be Lisa LaFlamme's (CTV) and Dawna Friesen's (Global) first elections, but they were no match to the one and only PM.

The set CTV used for election night was actually the CFTO/CTV Toronto news set.

As for Global, they used the Downtown Toronto storefront studio used for The Morning Show and Global Toronto News at Noon. Last election, Global used the ET Canada set.

Archived