Strive Updates?

jbnews

It appears there are updates to Strive by In the Groove Music. (Possibly a completely new package? Maybe not, because it has the Hearst signature) The cuts are in use by WCVB in Boston. This is their 11pm newscast montage from early July 2015. At 0:38 it sounds like a cut I have heard from another package, but I forgot the name. Please pass along any new info!

Watch below:

Sometimes stations get custom tracks made. WISN has commissioned dozens of custom tracks since the Image News days. Not everything has to be some great "new package"... Someone at WCVB probably went "We want something that sounds more "ABC News"-y", if they didn't just take an ABC track and mix a Strive signature into it themselves.

Just sayin'.

It appears there are updates to Strive by In the Groove Music. (Possibly a completely new package? Maybe not, because it has the Hearst signature) The cuts are in use by WCVB in Boston. This is their 11pm newscast montage from early July 2015. At 0:38 it sounds like a cut I have heard from another package, but I forgot the name. Please pass along any new info!

Watch below:

Part of it sounds like the 2014 KFSN Theme at 31:55

Here's an article by DreamArtists themselves speaking of their addition to the Strive package, expanding on what dpb brought up on Friday. It's pretty interesting to note from the article that this expansion has been in the works since early last year, which makes me wonder what else could be in the pipe for other Hearst-Argyle stations: http://dreamartistsmusic.com/dreamartists-music-completes-the-orchestral-news-package-expansion-for-hearst-television/

IMO, DreamArtists' new additions (as heard so far on WCVB) add another level of diversity to the existing InTheGroove package, as the new cuts we've heard on here seem to provide a solid extra option for news opens.

• 1 month later...
I noticed that during their Sports segment they used the same set that KOCO uses for their sports segments. I wonder if the other Hearst stations are using the same set for their sports segments?

Yes. WISN uses the same "virtual set" and I'm pretty sure there are others that do as well.

Archived