Laff TV should be in the DFW area

mardek1995

I agree with the guy who made the video saying that Laff TV should be in the DFW area. Even the Bay Area (DMA #6) has it via KGO 7.3 and if TEGNA doesn't get it on 8.2, then at least Fox should put it on 4.2 and on any other of its stations in markets where Laff TV isn't already on a subchannel.

IMO, I think this should be in the Breakroom but I'll bite.

I think the most in demand subchannel viewer wise right now has to be Buzzr

Laff signed deals with ABC O&Os, Cox, and Scripps which is a very good portion of the US TV Markets. It was virtually a replacement for Live Well on the ABC and Scripps stations.

Buzzr on the other hand only signed a deal with Fox O&Os and a few Low Power stations picked it up so far but all of us old school GSN fans who now dispise how the network is run now want this subchannel BAD and the creator of the channel, Fremantle Media owns the entire Mark Goodson library which is massive!

I have Laff on WHIO 7.3 and it's okay, I do enjoy the occasional Drew Carey rerun and my wife likes Empty Nest because she's a huge Golden Girls fan but there isn't much to the network compared to MeTv and Antenna TV.

Don't get to excited about Buzzr. Right now they are only showing a handful of the G-T vault. And what they do show is repeated often.

The prime time runs of Match Game 78 have been repeating the same handful of episodes since the launch. And they get repeated on weekends as well.

Not sure if some of the eps are tied up in a rights standoff with GSN or are not digitized correctly for playback or what. It's very sad they aren't showing more, though.

Don't get to excited about Buzzr. Right now they are only showing a handful of the G-T vault. And what they do show is repeated often.

The prime time runs of Match Game 78 have been repeating the same handful of episodes since the launch. And they get repeated on weekends as well.

Not sure if some of the eps are tied up in a rights standoff with GSN or are not digitized correctly for playback or what. It's very sad they aren't showing more, though.

About two weeks back, after viewer posts noticing those relatively immediate reruns, Buzzr made a post noting that "new" episodes from their shows on the schedule would begin airing (which they have). It was pretty strange what with their library to have seen a Match Game episode one weekend that I had already seen on Buzzr during their launch week. Perhaps they're only running batches of shows at a time with one rerun for maximum viewer saturation.

Still, a stellar subchannel addition here in Philly.

Anything is better than 18 hours of Steve Harvey's Family Feud! I think Buzzr reran the same handful of episodes to get the viewers to the channel and now that they are there they can start rotating more episodes and add some more shows like original Password, Password Plus, Combs Family Feud, Eubanks Card Sharks, etc. I know on the 4th of July they reran a July 4th edition of Password Plus. I don't even have Buzzr but I have been following their schedule closely hoping a station in Dayton will pick it up especially WDTN which has a SD simulcast of the main HD feed on 2.2. What is the point?!! Is this a LIN thing because WALA never had a subchannel either until Meredith bought it and added Cozi after the LIN/MG merger.

Archived