WLKY New Studio

LexTVandRadio

• 2 weeks later...

CBS 32 would be good. They should also change their open a little bit and start using the updates to Strive. This would be a good chance to freshen up a bit. Their open could be, Live from Studio (A or whatever they call it) in Louiville, this is the CBS 32 News at 5pm.

I highly doubt that they will use a "CBS 32" branding. Hearst loves to use call letters in their stations' brandings.

BTW, do they even have HD news yet? It is so sad that such a reputable broadcaster such as Hearst still has quite a few stations not even doing HD news in 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

FX. The plexi "bubble top" desk is a dead giveaway.

I dunno. Looks like it could be a Park Place set because of the hanging curved light boxes above the anchors. WCPO has those exact same looking ones. The "bubble top desk" as you describe it is also similar to KSHB. Plus, the general design of the desk, which kind of L-shaped with that far right piece sticking out, is reminiscent of KGTV.

• 1 month later...

If they wanted to rebrand why don't they go back to "WLKY NewsChannel 32" or just "NewsChannel 32" and oh by the way go back to using the voiceover introduction they used until WLKY dropped the "Where The News Comes First" slogan in favor of the "Live. Local. Latebreaking." slogan full time around a decade ago. "This is WLKY NewsChannel 32 Louisville. Now from the station Where The News Comes First. Your Live. Local. Late Breaking Coverage for Greater Louisville starts right now." - Chris Clausen (WLKY Intro was used from around 2000 to 2005) I could be wrong though.

Archived