WPWR-My50 to air White Sox/Cubs games

Jase

While it makes sense, this is the first time I've seen any connection established between ABC 7's WCIU-cast and the shifting of sports to My50. If I'm reading that article right, then the sports moved because of the newscast, and not the other way around (the newscast debuting to fill a vacancy).

A "few" Cubs games will likely equate to 5.

lol, the Cubs will have three different broadcast networks and a total of five different channels to find their games on throughout the season (CSN, CSN+, WGN, WLS, and WPWR), and there might even be a usage or two of CSN+2 if the Bulls and Blackhawks have a playoff game on the same night as the Cubs are scheduled on CSN.

Chicago has to have the most muddled baseball TV contracts right now. In an era where almost every other team has signed exclusive deals with a single RSN, we're the only market where our games are spread across a bunch of networks.

While it's fun for TV junkies like us, the average fan is gonna be confused out of their mind. I love it, though. Variety is the spice of life!

lol, the Cubs will have three different broadcast networks and a total of five different channels to find their games on throughout the season (CSN, CSN+, WGN, WLS, and WPWR), and there might even be a usage or two of CSN+2 if the Bulls and Blackhawks have a playoff game on the same night as the Cubs are scheduled on CSN.

Hahaha, and don't forget about ones carried nationally on Fox or ESPN.

Archived