Snowstorm Juno

emmi_18

While New York and the rest of the Northeast is predicted to get hammered, Philly is still taking this snow storm seriously. I just wanted to get everyone's input regarding coverage from the others. I'm currently not in the area and only relying on live newscast stream.

Currently watching 10 now and they will be going on air at 3 AM tomorrow. I wonder if 3, 6 and/or 29 will follow suit as 10 has done this for some time now.

Once again, the damn Facebook groups created way more hype than was necessary - and now people are freaking out about a run-of-the-mill 6" snowstorm (at least for up here in the LV).

I wonder if other areas are as "ridiculous" with all these Facebook meteorologists as it is here?

6 is starting at 4 am. Really, is 3AM even necessary? Who is up watching the news at that time, especially during a snow storm?

6 is starting at 4 am. Really, is 3AM even necessary? Who is up watching the news at that time, especially during a snow storm?

I understand 4 am by now, but I feel the same way about 3 am. Any station planning coverage at that hour seems really desperate for viewers to start at that time. What sense is there for this when it's going to being the same reporters with the same reports and the same forecasts and traffic reports over and over again? Especially when there isn't going to be much snowfall later that day.

Archived