Updated WGRZ/Gannett graphics, minor

Hexagonal10

But news themes can last longer, meaning the "This is Home" theme may outlive the graphics, even if the theme gets updated.

We found that with WKBW and MCTYW. And we'll probably see 360 on WIVB's next graphics. If they have any... It just happened today. I watched it at 6 PM. Yesterday was normal. With the smaller LIVE and bigger L3. Turns out they didn't move the LIVE. Whoops.

We found that with WKBW and MCTYW. And we'll probably see 360 on WIVB's next graphics. If they have any... It just happened today. I watched it at 6 PM. Yesterday was normal. With the smaller LIVE and bigger L3. Turns out they didn't move the LIVE. Whoops.

I was talking about the "This is Home" music by Gari, which like I said, could outlive the graphics that the Gannett stations have now.

And add KVUE, WFAA, KHOU, KENS, and really all the other Gannett stations except the Lone Star stations and WUSA.

I still think it kinda sucks that all of the former Belo stations had to get Gannett graphic package because WFAA previous package was really good in my opinion.

I can confirm KENS does have it. I actually really really like it. It's a lot cleaner and more appealing than what they used to have. It's not as bulky and they now take the L3 off if they are not using it for a story. The only complaint of course is that it is still designed for widescreen but other than that it is a step in the right direction.

The only complaint of course is that it is still designed for widescreen but other than that it is a step in the right direction.

Why is that a problem? 4:3 TVs have been dinosaurs for almost a decade. All graphics packages should really be primarily designed for 16:9 these days...squeezing things into the center 4:3 safe area is such a waste of space.

Why is that a problem? 4:3 TVs have been dinosaurs for almost a decade. All graphics packages should really be primarily designed for 16:9 these days...squeezing things into the center 4:3 safe area is such a waste of space.

It's a problem when your cable company letterboxes the SD feed. I would rather see cut off graphics filling up the whole screen than the full picture taking up 70% of the screen then the other 30% going to waste with black bars on the top and bottom.

However I guess most people don't so they letterbox it so you can see the text. And yes I have a 16:9 set but tune to the SD channel out of habit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived