KAMR/KCIT updated, No Longer Nexstar's Red Headed Step-Children.

Big Country News

KAMR and KCIT in Amarillo have gotten overhauls, as KAMR got LookG and KCIT got that Red&Blue package they call LookN.

In music, KAMR got Canvas and KCIT got U-Phonix.

Pretty interesting move, considering that these stations seem to have been forgotten by Nexstar for quite a while.

Let's hope KMID is next.

Here are the new logos:

32UZYXe.png

The front of that desk does not work at all. I don't get the asymmetric placement of the "local 4" acrylic sheet, and the frosted sheet to the left of that doesn't stand out enough for it to do anything of substance.

KAMR and KCIT in Lubbock have gotten overhauls, as KAMR got LookG and KCIT got that Red&Blue package they call LookN.

In music, KAMR got Canvas and KCIT got U-Phonix.

Pretty interesting move, considering that these stations seem to have been forgotten by Nexstar for quite a while.

Let's hope KMID is next.

Here are the new logos:

32UZYXe.png

KAMR anf KCIT are in Amarillo, not Lubbock

Oh, goodness. That's embarrassing.

I guess I was thinking of Lubbock when I wrote that. It was late. :smash:

A lot of people get tired eyes thinking about western Texas. :lol:

For Amarillo, that set doesn't look bad. But it seems like a piece is missing from the front, or they don't intend to use any straight-on four-shot.

Still hard to believe there are 2 (or is it 3?) stations in that little bitty building ( http://goo.gl/maps/XvrRK ) -- when I lived in Amarillo years ago, the building was only home to KCIT.

That building is huge compared to the building that KABB/KMYS and now WOAI all share.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.4897842,-98.5697987,3a,75y,308.61h,82.1t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sgKpqQONPCLKsqYFnHYA2yw!2e0!6m1!1e1

In the beginning former Post- Stations/ now Graham Media were branding their stations "Local" expect Jacksonville station WJXT. Then I did see

Cincinnati and San Diego's CBS affiliates go with the "Local" branding, and of course KFMB dropped the "Local 8" branding. Now another media group Nexstar is using the "Local" branding on a lot of their stations. I wonder do they plan to morph other stations into the "Local" branding?

KMAR/Amarillo- Local 4 News

WATN/Memphis- Local 24 News

WFRV/Green Bay- Local 5 News

WOI/Des Monies- Local 5 News (soon to be)

In the beginning former Post- Stations/ now Graham Media were branding their stations "Local" expect Jacksonville station WJXT. Then I did see

Cincinnati and San Diego's CBS affiliates go with the "Local" branding, and of course KFMB dropped the "Local 8" branding. Now another media group Nexstar is using the "Local" branding on a lot of their stations. I wonder do they plan to morph other stations into the "Local" branding?

KMAR/Amarillo- Local 4 News

WATN/Memphis- Local 24 News

WFRV/Green Bay- Local 5 News

WOI/Des Monies- Local 5 News (soon to be)

WVNY and WFFF in Burlington, VT also use the "Local" branding now.

That building is huge compared to the building that KABB/KMYS and now WOAI all share.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.4897842,-98.5697987,3a,75y,308.61h,82.1t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sgKpqQONPCLKsqYFnHYA2yw!2e0!6m1!1e1

Wow, that is not much bigger than a breadbox :D And all 3 stations there now?? I don't know how they keep from tripping over each other. Are there 2 floors in that building?

Wow, that is not much bigger than a breadbox :D And all 3 stations there now?? I don't know how they keep from tripping over each other. Are there 2 floors in that building?

Yes it's a two story. And you'd be surprised what they manage to fit in there (even though studio space is extremely limited). Also not all of their operations are in that building. Take note of the one story brown building to the immediate left of the KABB building. Sinclair also owns that building too now. that's where sales, administration, and other back office functions moved in 2013 after a fire hit WOAI's building and forced their sales people out. The old sales space on the KABB second floor was cleared for a new newsroom which is much bigger than their old one, and allows them to accommodate the WOAI personnel. The old first-floor KABB newsroom (on the rather small end) was then gutted to make room for WOAI studio space. So between the two buildings they work with about 35,000 SF, give or take.

Yes technically three stations are there now but remember KMYS has very little overhead since nearly all of their personnel are shared with KABB. So it's just two stations combining really (WOAI and KABB).

Archived