Possible Changes to NECN?

cbs2newengland

I've noticed on air changes (other than the website change back in late summer) to NECN within the last few weeks. the anchor shots seem to be tight, looked chroma keyed, and that appears to be obvious on the 6:00 news as Mike Nikitas has a zebra effect around his shadow. A stinger after the weather was touting their new app features that new "necn" logo. I for one do not like it at all.

How much should I bet a new look will follow in the coming weeks?

I don't know about the coming weeks...a rebrand sometime in 2015 is certain to happen, though.

I'd say imminent because why would they be in a temporary set for a long time?

The channel can't catch a break with people complaining they repeat the news blocks all the time or they focus too technical on weather, or whathaveyou.

They are one of the best regional news channels in the country, and I don't have a problem with Look F customized for all news or other elements, but that logo may look cool for Cambridge, but the logo looks trashy for Presqle Isle or Litchfield or or another small NE mkt or town for that matter.

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit puzzled as to why NECN went with Troika instead of Artworks for their new graphics package. I will say that the new pack is very nice, and would look really good on the NBC O&O's...

so wrong.

It's an insult to the rest of New England that doesn't live in the hip area. HATE the lowercase letterings, what's next with these casual looks?

Sorry for my negativity, I remember this network being on the same class as WCVB now its going lower on the scale like the old school WCAU.

Archived