Franklin Templeton Shootout on FOX

Mannym13

Today marks the debut of PGA Tour golf on FOX and Joe Buck and Greg Norman in the broadcast booth. To my surprise, FOX still used the heavy NFL on FOX theme, which does not, whatsoever, fit the sport. I hope they change that by next year's US Open.

Coverage starts out with a piece that made me laugh about FOX covering golf. Then a Joe Buck monologue and then the introduction of Greg Norman. Finally, action on the course after an explanation of the rules at 12:06 CT.

The graphics are really crisp and clean for golf. Spectacular. They fit the sport perfectly. Joe Buck is solid so far, doesn't sound to be doing something completely foreign and sounds very knowledgable.

Today marks the debut of PGA Tour golf on FOX and Joe Buck and Greg Norman in the broadcast booth. To my surprise, FOX still used the heavy NFL on FOX theme, which does not, whatsoever, fit the sport. I hope they change that by next year's US Open.

That theme doesn't fit any other sport either, including MLB & NASCAR. But they insist on using it as their Fox Sports general theme.

Archived