Fox 29 acquires Bob Kelly.

CircleSeven

Great move by 29. Natural fit! Now they just have to get him more involved in the show. More traffic hits and other different segments. I believe he definitely has more than traffic in him and this is the perfect spot to showcase all his skillsets.

The best pickup by a local station since Jim Rosenfield. Actually, this trumps Rosenfield because Bob Kelly is, to use a buzzword, the Traffic Authority. Bar none.

This gives WTXF one of the best total news lineups since Dawn and Dave. Mike Jerrick, Alex Holly who I still think needs a bit more time, Sue Serio (the heart of the show), and now Bob Kelly.

The WAY they introduced him was absolutely classic Good Day.

The best pickup by a local station since Jim Rosenfield. Actually, this trumps Rosenfield because Bob Kelly is, to use a buzzword, the Traffic Authority. Bar none.

This gives WTXF one of the best total news lineups since Dawn and Dave. Mike Jerrick, Alex Holly who I still think needs a bit more time, Sue Serio (the heart of the show), and now Bob Kelly.

The WAY they introduced him was absolutely classic Good Day.

That would be a great promotional piece, and a smart move if 29 did something like that!

Bob was the first on-air talent in television that I met -- I was on a tour of the old KYW 5th and Market facility in the Early 2000s -- he introduced himself to me. This was a big deal to a geeky kid who knew he wanted to work in the business.

He is a great air talent, and I have a hunch he only left KYW due to budget- or money-related reasons. Really good move by WTXF.

Archived