CBS O&O Slight Website Change

NYNewsCoverage

It's interesting how CBS keeps iterating on their websites. It's still not a good design by any stretch, but the changes they've made in the years since they adopted the design have improved it. I like having a drop-down menu at the top which links you to all of the CBS City sites.

It's interesting how CBS keeps iterating on their websites. It's still not a good design by any stretch, but the changes they've made in the years since they adopted the design have improved it. I like having a drop-down menu at the top which links you to all of the CBS City sites.

I loved the one developed by the then VLN unit of the O&Os. It was ahead of its time, it was clean visually clean in code, they made the generic Times New Roman sexy by making it condensed in the top headlines. The radio unit missed out big time. Their sites have tremendously sucked since the rebrand of the CBS radio unit.

they could've tweaked the site to make it more user friendly for all, but they made a huge mistake going to a blogger/CMS company that really doesn't know about traditional media to online news gathering.

Should be noted that the CBSTampa.com and CBSCharlotte.com portals will be going away in a few months after the multi-market swap CBS had with Beasley on Thursday.

The portal is okay, but for CBSCleveland.com, it only serves as a site for WKRK-FM "92.3 The Fan" and their "CBS Sports Radio" subchannel. For a standalone radio station, it just looks out of place.

Should be noted that the CBSTampa.com and CBSCharlotte.com portals will be going away in a few months after the multi-market swap CBS had with Beasley on Thursday.

The portal is okay, but for CBSCleveland.com, it only serves as a site for WKRK-FM "92.3 The Fan" and their "CBS Sports Radio" subchannel. For a standalone radio station, it just looks out of place.

I agree. There's a CBSStLouis but it's basically the website for KMOX-AM. But it's promoted as KMOX.com and even if you tried to type CBSStLouis.com, it won't direct you to the CBSStLouis website.

I agree. There's a CBSStLouis but it's basically the website for KMOX-AM. But it's promoted as KMOX.com and even if you tried to type CBSStLouis.com, it won't direct you to the CBSStLouis website.

Technically the site is supposed to be "CBSSTL.com". Strange they didn't snatch up CBS St Louis while they could

Guest NewsHound

The good news for the CBS Tampa and CBS Charlotte sites is that it should be a relatively smooth transition, Beasley uses WordPress as their primary site platform.

How do I know this? I work for them. :)

Archived