KFOX (KDBC?) New Set

NewsMaster

They both will be getting new sets. KDBC will be getting a whole new look and brand. The station will be branded as CBS 4. Patricia Maese, Shelton Dodson, and Lou Romano will anchor KDBC's news broadcasts beginning October 15th. http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/kfox14-cbs4-join-forces-complete-borderland-news-coverage-6587.shtml#.VCIK3fldXK1

1969356_764018980329891_3743415966688522000_n.jpg?oh=c237451042394e188183705f4263f97e&oe=54C8560D

Not sure if a new thread's going to be needed for this one... New KDBC talent Patricia Maese has posted this on her Facebook page..

The strange thing about that is she's not really new. She used to work there in the early 2000's. It would've be nice if they could have also tracked down Raymond Mesa to be her co-anchor. The other two names there seem familiar but I'm drawing a blank as to where I've heard them before. The logo also seems similar to one they used before going to the Pappas standardized logo.

The strange thing about that is she's not really new. She used to work there in the early 2000's. It would've be nice if they could have also tracked down Raymond Mesa to be her co-anchor. The other two names there seem familiar but I'm drawing a blank as to where I've heard them before. The logo also seems similar to one they used before going to the Pappas standardized logo.

All three worked in the market previously. Shelton Dodson was a KFOX reporter, Romano was KDBC's morning anchor until they cancelled it in 2009, and Maese worked for KFOX.

Raymond Mesa would have been nice. And from first glance the Sinclair graphics may be coming to KDBC.

So is Robert Bettes staying at KDBC? Or is he out?

EDIT: Found this and it looks as if Bettes and the KVEO newscast are both "moving" to KTSM, as I expected. Sandra Diaz, KFOX's chief meteorologist, will also do weather for KDBC.

Raymond Mesa would have been nice. And from first glance the Sinclair graphics may be coming to KDBC.

So is Robert Bettes staying at KDBC? Or is he out?

EDIT: Found this and it looks as if Bettes and the KVEO newscast are both "moving" to KTSM, as I expected. Sandra Diaz, KFOX's chief meteorologist, will also do weather for KDBC.

On Bettes, he is under contract with KTSM, hence why he's not staying with KDBC.

Even so, it looks like a logo someone made in photoshop instead of a logo made by the largest local TV station group in the country.

Even so, it looks like a logo someone made in photoshop instead of a logo made by the largest local TV station group in the country.

So you expect the "largest local TV station group in the country" to have a high quality logo? And aren't most broadcast logos made in Photoshop to begin with?

Archived