WMAQ Shake-up: News to 11am, C. Scott exiting

24994J

Also mentioned in the article is that Byron Miranda who is currently doing weather on weekends at KNBC will be joining WMAQ. He will do weather for the 11am news. Alicia Roman will take over Cheryl's spot on the weekends.

I'll betcha a lot of money that someone told her and/or her agent that she's the next Ginger Zee, in looks, age, WMAQ position, etc, and it's cemented in her mind that nothing but absolute greatness awaits. I like Cheryl, but it's said that lightning doesn't strike the same place twice.

I'll betcha a lot of money that someone told her and/or her agent that she's the next Ginger Zee, in looks, age, WMAQ position, etc, and it's cemented in her mind that nothing but absolute greatness awaits. I like Cheryl, but it's said that lightning doesn't strike the same place twice.

You must not be on the train now...

Is it so obvious? I tried to be more subtle. :D

As for the return of Byron, I personally have never really understood his appeal. I don't mind him, but it seems like such a big deal every time he bounces to another station.

As for the return of Byron, I personally have never really understood his appeal. I don't mind him, but it seems like such a big deal every time he bounces to another station.

He is what I would consider a traditional weatherman. He has a straightforward approach and can balance being serious when the time calls for it and laidback otherwise. These days, 'MAQ is the type of station that will happily welcome back former employees (as long as they didn't burn any bridges the 1st time around).

Would it be safe to assume, though, that if this line-up holds for a time, that Byron just got tossed to the front of the line to succeed Brant? I'm assuming he's younger than Andy, who's 57, and keeping in mind that Andy didn't exactly thrive for long in the chief role in the 90's.

Would it be to assume, though, that if this line-up holds for a time, that Byron just got tossed to the front of the line to succeed Brant? I'm assuming he's younger than Andy, who's 57, and keeping in mind that Andy didn't exactly thrive for long in the chief role in the 90's.

Yes. Things were pretty much headed that way before he left. If I remember correctly, Byron worked the midday/afternoon shift (11/Noon & 4:30) and was the primary sub for Brant. No doubt, they are going back to this succession plan. Andy seems to like his role and likely doesn't want to be Chief. Management didn't handle things well back then (forcing Jim Tilmon out,etc...), so I would expect a much smoother transition when Brant retires.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it so obvious? I tried to be more subtle. :D

That deep, profound voice. Even as a straight male, I'm like...

SHkm0Fp.gif

Ok, so I'm using a little bit of visual hyperbole, but you get the idea. :ph34r:

Archived