John Bachman leaving WSB to head for WTEV/WAWS

skbl17

It's understandable. John couldn't go anywhere because Justin Farmer was named the main anchor for the 5, 6, and 11PM weeknight newscasts. I would've left as well if I was passed over and couldn't be further promoted.

I wonder who'll fill J.B.'s spot? Probably Craig Lucie. And if Craig moves from weekend evenings, who'll fill *that* spot? And for that matter, I wonder who'll fill in for Erin Coleman when she's on maternity leave. I'm pretty sure Jovita's not going to want to sit in that chair for 3 hours straight (although I'm sure it's been done before).

Hmmm...If Linda and Carol did Noon, that would create a (rather rare) all-female-anchored news cast. WSB at Noon was like that in the early 90's when it was anchored by Chris Curle and Sandra Bookman with Karen Minton doing the weather.

I'm sorry to see John Bachman leave, he was at the top as one of the best anchors at WSB, better than Justin Farmer imo. I think the best replacement I can think of would be Craig Lucie. Although Dave Huddleston may have a shot to take John's seat also, but i think he's better suited out in the field than he is behind an anchor desk right now.

Archived