WPIX Anchor Search

Newyorktalent

They put up some postings for new anchors.

Word is changes are coming yet again

Most likely at 5 and 10.

Not 5 & 10, but most likely the replacement for Dan Mannarino on the 4 - 6 am half he anchors, or for the new 11 am weekday newscast, 6 - 9am weekend newscasts.

It seems that they have taken down the "in our one anchor format" description and added a regular anchor duty description. When they finally get their bearings together after awhile and launch the new newscasts, which could be a long time, and fix the anchor schedule appropriately, maybe they should think of giving Kaity a co-anchor on weekends. It didn't work with Mannarino, which was a failed experiment since day 1, but someone closer to her age would work. I like Kaity a lot, but it's hard to watch an hour long newscast, with 1 anchor reading stories 1 after the other with no breaks. And they do finally have an open spot for traffic, which is great, because I can't see Chris Knowles doing weather AND traffic everyday. I like Chirs in the morninng, but I don't think he should replace Mr. G, he is not that professional. I'd like to see Craig Allen replace him, and then have Joe Cioffi take weekend duties. I originally didn't like Joe, because of his stiff personality, but he is well known and very professional. I do hope there are some talent switch-arounds after the May Sweeps.

• 4 weeks later...

Was the anchor job WPIX has posted on the website given to John Muller? I'm asking this because WPIX still has it on tribune's website. Also, when they hired Kaitlin Monte as traffic reporter, the job was taken off the website right away. This leads me to think John was given the job informally and not through the job post on the website. I'm just curious if anyone is experienced in how jobs are given to the anchors and how quickly the offers are taken off the website once the anchor is chosen. I would think the job opening would be taken off by now.

Archived