Journal Broacasting new website layout

Mrtraveler01

The loading throbber is also a pretty strange addition too.

Especially in 2014. It increases the chance that a visitor is going to go elsewhere for the news they're looking for.

I see they've also pulled a go.com with their websites' URLs. :rolleyes:

Something about their designs still kinda rub the wrong way (it needs to match each station's colors; that blue is a bit unfitting). The loading throbber is also a pretty strange addition too.

Also speaking of new websites on (former) Journal stations, KMIR shifted to WorldNow.

http://www.kmir.com/

No longer KMIR 6, just KMIR News. Saw that coming from a mile away

Still no Journal site for WTVF, which I am SHOCKED by.

Their logo is horrendous, and doesn't match the lower third, let alone the graphics, at all.

Way to go KMIR. You looked pretty good, now you look 6th rate. Graphics are bad, as is the logo and who the heck is the VO? Did they pitch adjust John Guirdry? It looks like someone couldn't afford to provide a well branded product.

Way to go KMIR. You looked pretty good, now you look 6th rate. Graphics are bad, as is the logo and who the heck is the VO? Did they pitch adjust John Guirdry. It looks like someone couldn't afford to provide a well branded product.

The Journal Renderon package isn't bad, but are they messing it up?

Way to go KMIR. You looked pretty good, now you look 6th rate. Graphics are bad, as is the logo and who the heck is the VO? Did they pitch adjust John Guirdry. It looks like someone couldn't afford to provide a well branded product.

Yep. To me this almost certainly means that the station will be auctioned off and KESQ etc. will be the only stations in the market. (Heck, they could just get rid of the Palm Springs market and put it into the LA market if that's the case.)

The logo is just the old logo with the 6 omitted and the peacock replacing it...

KMIR doesn't have VizRT, which is why the graphics look "messed up" compared to stations like WTMJ, KTNV, and KMTV. KMIR isn't even owned by Journal anymore, so their graphic support is basically limited to their own team.

The Journal graphics are also about 5 years old and about due for replacement anyways...

Yep. To me this almost certainly means that the station will be auctioned off and KESQ etc. will be the only stations in the market. (Heck, they could just get rid of the Palm Springs market and put it into the LA market if that's the case.)

I'm going to say Nexstar is the buyer.

I'm going to say Nexstar is the buyer.

I don't think that's what he meant. They were sold to OTA recently, which is a spectrum speculator. By "auctioned off" he is likely referring to the station's license being sold back to the government and the station taken off the air permanently whenever the incentive auction happens.

I don't think that's what he meant. They were sold to OTA recently, which is a spectrum speculator. By "auctioned off" he is likely referring to the station's license being sold back to the government and the station taken off the air permanently whenever the incentive auction happens.

Exactly; should have been more specific.

I am still shocked that WTVF doesn't have the new site. I guess they're happy with WorldNow? There is a "Journal Interactive" logo at the bottom of the page, however.

The logo is just the old logo with the 6 omitted and the peacock replacing it...

KMIR doesn't have VizRT, which is why the graphics look "messed up" compared to stations like WTMJ, KTNV, and KMTV. KMIR isn't even owned by Journal anymore, so their graphic support is basically limited to their own team.

The Journal graphics are also about 5 years old and about due for replacement anyways...

Don't forget that KMIR was booted off cable 6 and to 13 in the TWC spat, so they needed to remove the 6.

Ok. Spectrum speculators. Well, they are doing a bang-up job of nothing, if that's the case!

• 1 month later...

Went to look up some of the content that got WTVF a Peabody, and sure enough, they've adopted the new Journal website.

...Or not. They're using some trickery to redirect mobile devices to the new layout. Weird!

...Or not. They're using some trickery to redirect mobile devices to the new layout. Weird!

Currently it's only for the mobile site. WTVF is one of WorldNow's biggest clients when it comes to clicks. The website isn't likely going away anytime soon.

Currently it's only for the mobile site. WTVF is one of WorldNow's biggest clients when it comes to clicks. The website isn't likely going away anytime soon.

Even going to www.jrn.com/newschannel5 on a desktop loads up the WorldNow site. There is no way to get to the Journal site on a desktop, from what I have tried.

Archived