Stacey Bell joins WNBC as weekend anchor

anchorman

News 12 LI weeknight anchor Stacey Bell will be joining WNBC as a new weekend anchor (most likely evenings with David Ushery.) Bell joined News 12 in 2012 from the Cleveland FOX affiliate.

Good pickup for WNBC. Stacey is a real solid anchor.

She's a great seasoned anchor...would anyone here be surprised if she were to be "promoted" to weekdays in a few months...wnbc has been doing this lately with Sibila working out well at noon and 6 and getting promoted to the 11pm newscast...regardless I'll be sure to catch the weekend newscasts now.

Since I live on Long Island and I have news 12, I have watched Stacey for years, and have found her significantly better than some of the main anchors on the broadcast networks. She will do great at WNBC, great move for them. I look forward to seeing her there. I think Stacey and David will make a really great team once they are paired together. On the other hand, although many won't care, who will replace Stacey at News 12 LI? I'm thinking maybe Jackie Lucas or Lea Tyrell, who knows. Although it is a great move for WNBC, it's a big loss for News 12 (unless they pick a good replacement).

Since I live on Long Island and I have news 12, I have watched Stacey for years, and have found her significantly better than some of the main anchors on the broadcast networks. She will do great at WNBC, great move for them. I look forward to seeing her there. I think Stacey and David will make a really great team once they are paired together. On the other hand, although many won't care, who will replace Stacey at News 12 LI? I'm thinking maybe Jackie Lucas or Lea Tyrell, who knows. Although it is a great move for WNBC, it's a big loss for News 12 (unless they pick a good replacement).

News 12 LI has served well as either a rehabilitation/breeding ground for talent. Whether it be Lauren Sivan, Jodi Applegate, Ron Corning, and now Stacey Bell.

I think Jackie Lukas would be a great replacement. I like Lea Tyrell but she anchors later in the evening as well. They need some fresh blood.

She's a great seasoned anchor...would anyone here be surprised if she were to be "promoted" to weekdays in a few months...wnbc has been doing this lately with Sibila working out well at noon and 6 and getting promoted to the 11pm newscast...regardless I'll be sure to catch the weekend newscasts now.

I highly doubt it unless they plan on demoting Tom & Shiba to weekends which I don't see happening at all. WNBC seems adamant on keeping Tom & Shiba together during the 5 PM show, and using Tom as the noon fill-in when Rob is off etc. If (and it's a big if) she did get promoted it would more then likely be for the 7 PM show. And remember Sibila is basically now working Sue's former schedule (the one she had before her back injury)

Mornings: stable with Darlene & Michael

Noon: stable with Shiba & Rob

5: stable with Shiba & Tom

6: stable with Sibila & Chuck

7: rotating anchor/reporters; i can see Stacey possibly getting this slot in the future and just having her anchoring it each weeknight instead of having a rotating system of anchors/reporters.

11: stable with Sibila & Chuck.

Stacey rose through the ranks at WJW rather quickly and I won't be surprised to see her do the same at WNBC. A very solid hire.

I will ask again, is there a source for this story? I can't find any trace of it on the internet, other than here.

I can't find anything either, but didn't someone post about Rob Schmitt joining WNBC last year and it was a few days before all the other websites picked up on the story? So perhaps it could be true.

I will ask again, is there a source for this story? I can't find any trace of it on the internet, other than here.

I just happened to check Stone Grissom's twitter page, and he's the one who tweeted it. I guess this is the source? I put his words on twitter in the quote after one viewer asked where Stacey went.. Check his twitter page here: https://twitter.com/StoneGrissom

Channel 4 to do weekends.

Stacey rose through the ranks at WJW rather quickly and I won't be surprised to see her do the same at WNBC. A very solid hire.

I think Stacey will be on weekends for a while. I don't see Sibila or Shiba being moved any time soon.

Yes, I have a source. No, I'm not telling you who it is.

Which is fine, but I think this therefore belongs in the speculatron forum. Otherwise people could create new threads endlessly saying so and so is going to so and so station.

Which is fine, but I think this therefore belongs in the speculatron forum. Otherwise people could create new threads endlessly saying so and so is going to so and so station.

People who would do that obviously suffer from severe boredom and need a hobby.

As the user above said, Stacey's former co-anchor Stone Grissom confirmed this on twitter.

I think Stacey will be on weekends for a while. I don't see Sibila or Shiba being moved any time soon.

IMHO I think when Shiba was hired back in 2011 for the weekend evenings, I believe that was just a placeholder until WNBC could fit her into a weekday slot. Now if in the future WNBC wants to put Stacey on weekday slot, I can see her either doing the 7pm full time rather then the rotating thing they do now, or pull Shiba off the noon show and just have Shiba & Tom do the 5pm, and have Stacey & Rob do the noon show.

Coleen McVey in the 5PM slot to replace Stacy Bell, Colleen is a veteran News 12 Anchor.

Coleen is great , I like her a lot. However, they would have to get a replacement to do weekends. It's too bad Mary Mackenzie left, because then News12 wouldn't be as short on talent. Also, they might want to try out younger talent during the 5pm time frame. That's why I thought they may want to consider Jackie Lukas, but I did find out that she is pregnant with her second child, so she will be out soon and they may not want to put someone on the show who will be out for several months. Or maybe they're even thinking of promoting Antoinette Biordi to a permanent anchor position? She's been filling in a lot lately. And when you say Coleen is in the 5pm slot, are you implying that she has been officially named the replacement? Or just that she has been filling in during the 5pm slot? However, I'm not saying I want younger talent at 5PM, but younger talent brings in viewers. Regardless of what happens, there will probably be some substantial changes to the talent at News12 LI.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived