WPIX ND On His Way Out

Newyorktalent

Who is WPIX's ND these days? Is it still Bill Carey or did he get tossed before?

His name is Mark Effron. Bill Carey left WPIX in October 2012.

I would like actual proof that he's getting the boot--like an article that states such.

I like to think Newyorktalent is some Tribune executive, and that the reason his posts are always short and to the point is because he posts them from his phone while hiding in a bathroom stall at Tribune Tower.

WPIX's ratings are in the basement. Even if they haven't admitted to it, I'm sure someone in the higher-ups at Tribune has questioned Effron's employment in his current position.

Worst kept secret in the market there

Tribune is looking for his replacement

I'm sorry but you shouldn't post anything if you don't have proof. Is there an article or tweet by an official at tribune or maybe even Jerry Barmash from "Tuned In" who says this? These posts are needless. If you have an opinion about WPIX, you can state it in the general station forum but don't make it look like a fact if it's not true. Yes, WPIX's ratings are bad, and that is a fact. Is Effron Leaving? I'd be surprised if he did. And this is the same poser who also said Tamsen Fadal was on her way out because of her "relationship with another executive" or something like that. I'm sorry, but if you don't have anything nice to say, you can say it as an opinion that you don't like Effron, but, at least in this forum, you should not state that Effron is leaving just because you want him to. I hope I cleared things up a bit.

Tribune is well aware of how bad WPIX is. WNYW crushes them in every newscast.

None of the shows are making money.

The biggest mistake is what's happening at 10. Look for a change after May and the weather department is getting a makeover.

Mr.G may not be the main wx person by Fall.

Tribune is well aware of how bad WPIX is. WNYW crushes them in every newscast.

None of the shows are making money.

The biggest mistake is what's happening at 10. Look for a change after May and the weather department is getting a makeover.

Mr.G may not be the main wx person by Fall.

Good. Mr. G seems like a slimeball.

Archived